870 tuning recommendations
09-23-2020, (Subject: 870 tuning recommendations ) 
870 tuning recommendations
Hello new member here. We plan on purchasing a 2004 Mack cl733 with a 565hp isx. 18speed. I’m not a trucker by occupation. We use our trucks to move our equipment around locally. This truck will be moving one of our excavators primarily. Would be driven by me or my partner 25,000miles a year max. Truck has 385,000miles. Short block replaced at 250,000 miles (spun main) new head 50,000 miles ago. I’m very familiar with turning wrenches and working cummins. We maintain and work on all of our equipment. Not very familiar with isx, though seems easy enough though. Looking to get good solid tuning for power and longevity. I have already Sent a pm to unilevers not sure if that the best way to contact him. I know I have a lot of reading to do and am slowing getting it done. If someone can point me to unilevers or have someone else they would like to recommend I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!
replyreply
09-23-2020, (Subject: 870 tuning recommendations ) 
RE: 870 tuning recommendations
Uni isn't around here anymore,you'll need to contact Mr Hagg. You could try MommaBurt he works with Uni, not sure if he's still taking new customers.

they put a short block in it and not long after they put a head on it. That probably means the liner heights are all over the board , pretty common on a cummins short block. Liner probably came loose and fretted the head, don't be surprised if you have more problems related to that ie. Blown head gasket, coolant in oil. The counterbores need to be cut and the new liners shimmed up to .014 next time the head is off for it to last. Especially at 565hp and higher.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Sledpuller , hhow55
09-24-2020, (Subject: 870 tuning recommendations ) 
Never ceases to amaze me the shops that just halfarse an isx rebuild.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-30-2020, (Subject: 870 tuning recommendations ) 
(09-23-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Uni isn't around here anymore,you'll need to contact Mr Hagg. You could try MommaBurt he works with Uni, not sure if he's still taking new customers.

they put a short block in it and not long after they put a head on it. That probably means the liner heights are all over the board , pretty common on a cummins short block. Liner probably came loose and fretted the head, don't be surprised if you have more problems related to that ie. Blown head gasket, coolant in oil. The counterbores need to be cut and the new liners shimmed up to .014 next time the head is off for it to last. Especially at 565hp and higher.

How do I get in contact with mr hagg or mommaburt?
Thanks for any help!
replyreply
10-30-2020, (Subject: 870 tuning recommendations ) 
https://www.facebook.com/HaggaiAutomotive

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.