Engine codes everywhere!!!!!
07-22-2016, (Subject: Engine codes everywhere!!!!! ) 
RE: Engine codes everywhere!!!!!
(07-22-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-21-2016 )Brock Wrote:  The big plug is where I tapped in, not the smaller ones going to the guages. is this ok or are those ones still the multiplex?

THOSE WIRES HAVE A
WRITTEN WIRE NUMBER ON EACH Of THEM!!!--- LOOK THE WIRE NUMBER UP AND LOOK IN THE DIAGRAM FOR THE TRUCK AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO!. -- NEVER WIRE INTO SOMETHING UNLESS YOU HAVE LOOKED UP WHAT THE WIRE DOES!.

Spot on! When I was having ABS lights going off for no reason on my dash cluster it was discovered the compass was at fault, not the ABS system. When I pulled the wiring schemetics from International up, I was shocked at how these can bus systems work and are all intertwined. I took her to the dealer to put the computer on it to see what was up. It was discovered the compass, that I did not even realize I had, was toast. I replaced the compass for $20, I found one on eBay, dealer wanted $350+, my ABS warning lights have not come on since replacing this small compass module.

When I install something aftermarket, I always create my own connections/circuits using the empty spots in the fuse block. I hate tapping lines for the reasons stated above, as you never know what the hell you are tapping into. I learned this lesson many moons ago.

When I installed my new stereo system in my ProStar, I left all of the factory wiring alone, including the speaker wire. I installed new power lines from the fuse block and direct to batteries using a ignition switched isolator. All grounds to the chassis, grinding all paint off on both sides where possible. To many issues tapping into any of the wiring on these trucks. Sure, it took allot longer to install that stereo, but it is done right, with all new wiring, grounds and fuses. It and the trucks electrical system are still rock solid. Knock on wood!
replyreply
This is where I tapped into.....

./uploads/201607/post_1367_1469197473_af07de78f1564fe40a7aa0c319bafc30.png

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I remember what the other code was that I had popping up.

Turbo Inlet temp data valid but high.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I tapped at the dimmer switch in my 08 ProStar, ran fresh power and grounds. Unhook the gauge from that line tap, and pull the battery cables for a few minutes. Make sure all power to the cab is really off. Then hook the battery cables back up and see if there are any codes.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.