06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
09-27-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
RE: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
We have seen this hundred times on here in the past... those companies have a lot of advertising and dyno and million dollar promises... all in the name of exploiting people out of their money in the name of unnecessary engine killing, red-neck horrible programming and mods glory, and it is truly sad. -- You'de think that in the last 20+ years they could have taken that dyno and have spent the time to make a decent damnned program that is not so horribly written,.. but in reality, all they do is look at the power output and butcher the engine into oblivion so that it tears itself up instead out of complete sheer ignorance. Welcome to the bad elete collection...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

I will take this into consideration on the next truck I go to get inframe. I will most certainly go OEM next time. Just tried to avoid costs and what they say is true...cheaper is not always better! I would like to get some numbers of people that you know that build them how they are supposed to be if you dont mind sharing.

The only shop out there right now is Mr Hag in Griffin GA, and that is a sad commentary right there. One shop in the entire country that has a successful track record of properly in framing an ISX motor... Unless you do it yourself.

Everything is in the manual, and I believe even Cummins is paying attention, as I read somewhere Cummins is now recommending that liner heights be shimmed to .014 of an inch. They are watching us.

And here is the kicker, everything needed to successfully in frame an ISX motor, is right there on Cummins Quickserve, the entire step by step PROPER PROCEDURES to do it right the first time.

I know this first hand, as that is what I used, along with Rawze's in frame video series to in frame my own motor in Rawze's driveway. Every step is there in black and white, I used my iPhone and a bag of tools I brought from the house, there was no mystery to any of this.

The sad truth, these shops, Cummins corporate shops included, never crack the manual for the step by step procedures. They rarely cut the block to set the liners, as the manual TELLS the mechanic to do on ALL IN FRAMES. They rarely charge the oil circuit and simply dry start the motor, even though the manual states how to do this, and that IT MUST BE DONE! Me and Rawze did it in his driveway! And they cannot do this in a shop? Oh I could go on and on...

Ditch that truck, unless you have $40,000 laying around. You do not want to go down that road, trust me.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
09-27-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
(09-27-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )410truckin Wrote:  
(09-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
We have seen this hundred times on here in the past... those companies have a lot of advertising and dyno and million dollar promises... all in the name of exploiting people out of their money in the name of unnecessary engine killing, red-neck horrible programming and mods glory, and it is truly sad. -- You'de think that in the last 20+ years they could have taken that dyno and have spent the time to make a decent damnned program that is not so horribly written,.. but in reality, all they do is look at the power output and butcher the engine into oblivion so that it tears itself up instead out of complete sheer ignorance. Welcome to the bad elete collection...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

I will take this into consideration on the next truck I go to get inframe. I will most certainly go OEM next time. Just tried to avoid costs and what they say is true...cheaper is not always better! I would like to get some numbers of people that you know that build them how they are supposed to be if you dont mind sharing.

The only shop out there right now is Mr Hag in Griffin GA, and that is a sad commentary right there. One shop in the entire country that has a successful track record of properly in framing an ISX motor... Unless you do it yourself.

Everything is in the manual, and I believe even Cummins is paying attention, as I read somewhere Cummins is now recommending that liner heights be shimmed to .014 of an inch. They are watching us.

And here is the kicker, everything needed to successfully in frame an ISX motor, is right there on Cummins Quickserve, the entire step by step PROPER PROCEDURES to do it right the first time.

I know this first hand, as that is what I used, along with Rawze's in frame video series to in frame my own motor in Rawze's driveway. Every step is there in black and white, I used my iPhone and a bag of tools I brought from the house, there was no mystery to any of this.

The sad truth, these shops, Cummins corporate shops included, never crack the manual for the step by step procedures. They rarely cut the block to set the liners, as the manual TELLS the mechanic to do on ALL IN FRAMES. They rarely charge the oil circuit and simply dry start the motor, even though the manual states how to do this, and that IT MUST BE DONE! Me and Rawze did it in his driveway! And they cannot do this in a shop? Oh I could go on and on...

Ditch that truck, unless you have $40,000 laying around. You do not want to go down that road, trust me.

Yes, the shop I used did all of that. I did wanna go to steel shims instead of brass ones as I've heard that leads to them sinking overtime. But I did make sure they cut the block and set it to .014 protrusion. I'll run this till I cant no more...I've tried to sell this thing for 25k and honestly no one wants a truck in an international. If it was a pete or kenworth it would have sold the same day I posted it, in my opinion. I have a dedicated route that I'm guaranteed and until I come across my first issue I'll keep trucking. I'll keep you all updated.

I will say you guys have brought back hope on the cummins isx engine for me. I was getting tired of dealing it. But now the next one I get I'll look to get the right tune with all stock equipment. Seeing that I can get about the same hp etc with no modifications
replyreply
11-02-2020, (Subject: 06 cm870 inframe oil consumption ) 
I also recently inframed my cm2250 in Rawze's driveway. If it wasn't for some specialty tools I could have done it in my own driveway with basic heavy duty tools, a laptop and Rawze on speed dial ;) Nearly everything you need to know is available through Cummins quickserve. They do miss a few details here and there, but Rawze and others on this forum can easily fill in the blanks. It's not difficult, but you can't try to rush through it. That's where small mistakes get made and cause big problems later. Hell, even now, months later, I'm still replaying in my head the build process, looking for anything that I might have screwed up.

If you plan on keeping that truck/engine, even for the short term, get a laptop with Cummins Insite software and an Inline 6 adaptor (e-bay is a good source). Get the ECM program copied out and send it to Rawze for review. Best you can do right now is damage control.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.