Turbo boost gauge
07-21-2016, (Subject: Turbo boost gauge ) 
Turbo boost gauge
Hi I've got an turbo boost gauge on order from kenworth for a t600. Wondering if anyone has experience installing a stock kw gauge to tie it into the existing boost sensor? I've wanted one to see the turbo psi what the computer is seeing. Kw has said it might need to be programmed in but I'm thinking it can be done with insite?
replyreply
07-21-2016, (Subject: Turbo boost gauge ) 
RE: Turbo boost gauge
If it is a late model kw you can go in on ESA and turn it on and then plug and play. You will need the jumper wire too.
replyreply
07-22-2016, (Subject: Turbo boost gauge ) 
(07-21-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  Hi I've got an turbo boost gauge on order from kenworth for a t600. Wondering if anyone has experience installing a stock kw gauge to tie it into the existing boost sensor? I've wanted one to see the turbo psi what the computer is seeing. Kw has said it might need to be programmed in but I'm thinking it can be done with insite?

You will need to activate it with Paccar ESA software to get it working. -- don't know if you have read others threads about the factory boost gauges, but they are slow to respond (like 3 seconds or more lag/delay all the time) compared to a glow-shift or other brand of actual external boost gauges. I don't like the factory boost gauge at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
Glow shift boost gauge was about a third of the cost of the international OEM gauge.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
Oh boy, thanks for the info. They are about 94 each. But than kw needs to hook it up. My thinking was I could see the sensor that the ecm was looking at.
replyreply
For me the issue is relying on a sensor that is known to plug up and read erroneously.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.