Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes
10-01-2020, (Subject: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes ) 
RE: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes
(10-01-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-01-2020 )Kubasj05 Wrote:  2554 code as active and 2764 is inactive. Anyone has experienced this in the past and possibly found solution to it. Thanks in advance, Jacob

fault code 2554 = The exhaust gas pressure sensor is reading an erratic value.

fault code 2764 = High exhaust gas pressure has been detected by the exhaust gas pressure sensor.

==============

it is not a common error to see.

Could be ...

============================
(if truck had delete programming)...
* Bad programming and turbo is over-spooling/over-boosting, engine going into wrong engine modes and getting stuck there.

* Bad hardware mods where someone did not properly hollow out all the exhaust cans and now the exhaust is plugging up.

* Improper boost levels set and engine is over-boosting/turbo is over-spooling for one reason or another.

* Could be clogged cross-pipe for the sensor or a bad sensor.

* Could be wiring issue.

-- You mentioned you have a de-mandated truck here ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid58722

I would start by making sure the program is good for it by pulling a copy of it out and e-mail it to me for a review of what someone has done to it. The average seen on the forum here is 90%+ odds the program is bad in some harmful way.
Thank you for heads up Rawze,
My truck is still mandated, running it in stock mode. I'm thinking about de-mandating it asap.
After clearing up the codes I decided to do parked regen just to see if it will complete it.
The result was: Failed due to VG being too low or below minimum and turbocharger too high (can't remember the exact reasoning, excuse my short memory) I will re run a regen tomorrow to get exact message it displayed.
I'm assuming the turbocharger was over spooling. I just wonder if this is turbo VG actuator going bad having turbo to overspool or is it a turbocharger and the actuator going bad all together.
On the side note, after failed regen ecu didn't throw any codes and the dpf cleaning process during regen looked good with Temps at around 1025-1040. Also DPF soot load guage indicated minimal soot load. No other codes associated with regen.
Any additional thoughts?
Thank you, Jacob
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes - Kubasj05 - 10-01-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.