Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes
10-01-2020, (Subject: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes ) 
RE: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes
(10-01-2020 )Kubasj05 Wrote:  ...
I'm assuming the turbocharger was over spooling. I just wonder if this is turbo VG actuator going bad having turbo to overspool or is it a turbocharger and the actuator going bad all together.

Could be a turbo issue but could also be CAC or other leaks causing boost loss and the turbo is tryign to make up for it. Could be plugged air filter, plugged exhaust, etc.

Your next move is to check the intake for leaks by pressurizing it. Also to remove the DOC/DPF and have them baked, de-ashed, and flow tested... and to inspect the decomp tube + SCR element for partial clogging, face-plugging while you there. Go thru the EGR corcuit and ensure there is good flow and that the sensors are not clogged up.

-- Also an EGR tune-up + IMAP sensor replacement, etc. if it has not been done.

Turbo replacement should be the very last thing you do or consioder, not the first... and if it has to come off, and there is 500k+ on the engine and egr cooler, remove the egr cooler while your at it and clean it out of all carbon and soot buildup while the turbo is off it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 Logging 2554 and 2764 codes - Rawze - 10-01-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.