Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
10-03-2020, (Subject: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization ) 
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization
It’s something I have considered. But for now I am going to do my best to learn it and work with it. I have the insite set up and I have been researching and doing my best to retain good info I learn here. I may change my mind later if I get into a bunch of problems, but for now I am set on running it.

Here in my great state of New York they changed our pusher axle laws. We can no longer have non-steerable pushers with a divisible load permit. Bunch of us been continuing to run what we have anyway. It’s starting to catch up. DOT in our area have been hammering this lately. Revoking guys permits and running up big fines based on “overloads” now that the permit is pulled. So maybe it pays to switch and conform with the law. That stinks, 20k lb steerable will cost me $7,500 before I install and put wheels and tires on it. But it’s becoming a pay now or pay later situation. I kinda feel the mandate is the same way. I can learn it, maintain it and do my best with it... or I can get caught and face fines and cost of replacing all those components.

Believe me, the idea of demandate with a nice tune from one of the top guys on this forum sounds like a dream to me. Truck has 30,000 original miles. It’s a prime candidate for this. But maybe I am getting older and I weigh options on the side of caution more than I used to. Damn government is taking the “cowboy” out of me.

Hope I am not here in a couple years eating all my words.... broke with a plugged up, rebuilt three times motor in my truck. Guess I gotta let time tell on that one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Waterloo , redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aftertreatment Temperature Stabilization - ahub86 - 10-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.