inconsistent running
10-05-2020, (Subject: inconsistent running ) 
RE: inconsistent running
As I said this ISX thing is new to me. I know nothing about them and not to mention at the time I took this in we were so busy I could not keep up. So thats the reason I took it in . As far as working on my own trucks I have worked on trucks for almost 40 years now and about the only thing I usually don't due is major component replacement. In other words major engine or transmission rebuild or replacement. I would say that if i have been able to work in the heavy equipment and truck industry for this long at my fathers company as a start up in 1976 until 1990 when I started my own company and am still self employed at that I must be doing something right. Wouldn't you agree? Computers are still relatively foreign to me especially when it comes to engines.I have already read about the egr tune up and that is on my to do list, as well as turbo inspection to see if it is bad which I am sure it probably is by the noise and vibration it had. What caused it to fail is beyond me at this point until I get into it. It is a cummins rebuilt. Maybe it is just a bad rebuild and failed?! Some times we all have to go thru a learning curve on new things. Also when hooked up to the computer it is not showing any fault codes. So what do you do there? I have already read about the ghost codes!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
inconsistent running - bendor - 10-04-2020,
RE: inconsistent running - bendor - 10-05-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.