Blown turbo
10-07-2020, (Subject: Blown turbo ) 
RE: Blown turbo
unfortunately the typical procedure for cleaning it out is to fill it up with some diesel fuel ... drain it into some buckets ... then fill it and flush it about 2 or 3 times up with water + cummins restore (radiator acid cleanser) to flush the diesel out of it and de-annodize it ... and then dry it out as best possible.

While it is off the truck, pressure test it at 30 psi and leak test it to ensure it is in spec... the leak rate on a CAC is 10 psi in one minute. any more than 10 psi loss in one minute, its bad.

This means remove it from the truck and laying it flat, turning it over, etc.

you also want to do flush it out well to ensure no metal shavings, etc. got into it. Does not take much of a metal flake to get into a valve eseat and tear up the head or cause compression losses.

maybe others have different suggestions... that is just what I would do any ways.

btw: I would filter the fuel used to flush it out thru a screen and paper filter and put it into my fuel tanks..lol.. no fuel is wasted that way and no worries about what to do with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Blown turbo - Koren - 10-07-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - Koren - 10-07-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - Rawze - 10-07-2020
RE: Blown turbo - Koren - 10-08-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - tree98 - 10-08-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - Koren - 10-08-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - Waterloo - 10-08-2020,
RE: Blown turbo - Rawze - 10-08-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.