Replace the transfer fuel pump.
07-22-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump.
Wow!!! That sucks man!! How long have u had your truck for? The first thing I did was swap out 3 cylinder pump to a 2 cylinder pump and update plungers and tappets!! I wasn't going to risk it.... I read too many horror stories on those damn ceramic plungers!!
replyreply
Had the truck for couple months, it had the 2 piston pump but still ceramic plungers,
We tested the pump few weeks ago at high pressure was quiet and sounded healthy so last minute I decided not to change it
replyreply
Bro those updated parts were only around $260 if I can remember..... when we opened up the used 2 cylinder pump I bought we saw the ceramic plungers starting to crack...
replyreply
Shoot I just did main bearings and new oil pump. I saw my psi creeping down and I said screw it, don't want to risk it. Motor only has 502k but I'll have peace of mind knowing I have those parts...
replyreply
You did good, To late for me but hope others can use this info
Mine has 650k miles
replyreply
I wonder if anyone was able to save the engine after the ceramic plungers busted,
Its at kenworth dealer in cheyenne, wy, they want 7 hours at 175 drop the pan check bearing 1 and 4 and cut the filters, I can do that my self im having it towed home,
If there is damage I will tow it to {***} for inframe
replyreply
Yeah do it urself!! Screw the dealers!! To drop the pan it takes less then 1 hr!!! How much for inframe?
replyreply
I have seen two cm2250s go to shop on the hook for shattered plungers.they came through this and they both have 200000 to 250000 on them sence. It was a time consuming process. Cummins has a procedure for cleaning and replacing parts that take most of the contamination. Cummins made them try this before replacing engine under warranty. Not saying these engines are good as new but still run very good oil pressure. Just throwing it out there food for thought.
replyreply
I didnt even ask bud, I just dont trust them, they were the furthest dealer east from where I was west of larramie, wy, I decided to take it there couse they said they can get it diagnosed that day if I make it before 8.30 and rest of dealers could not get me in, when I got there 3 hours early they said they cant get me in
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.