Replace the transfer fuel pump.
07-22-2016, (Subject: Replace the transfer fuel pump. ) 
RE: Replace the transfer fuel pump.
Hope mine will come through pete389,
Do you have info in the cleaning process by any chance
replyreply
Hopefully you can clean it out and not inframe...
replyreply
There was a tsb for it. Cummins replaced the fuel pump to the upgraded one. Also changed out the oil cooler this was where most of the crape was caught. Drained and refilled oil fired it up checked for leaked. Then put it in forced regen when regen was over changed the oil again and so far so good.shur I have missed something this is what i remember off the top of my head.
replyreply
He has the 2 cylinder pump, should be fine just upgrading plungers and tappets. That pump is almost 4,000. That's what I did, bought a used 2 cilynder pump from 2012 cm2250 and upgraded plungers and tappets/ fuel lines. Here's the part numbers. 4327258 barrel and plungers, 2872226 tappets need 2 of each...$238 with shipping and handling from bigrigworld.com they sell discount cummins parts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: szartman379
ok lets have a little discussion here.

there is a tsb from cummins, and the engines can "somewhat" be saved if it wasnt too bad. usually by the time the truck qont start its already too late and i personally wouldnt perform this on my own truck

the pump drains through the front cover - so most likely you will need new front geartrain. you will also need to replace that pump, not just update as most likely the pump cam is toast. oil coolers are gone, and the oil pump and bypass vaslve are gone aswell.

cummins said to pull mains and rods and check, change the pump and any bad injectors. They change the oil twice and filters twice in fast succession and let it go. i suggest against this.

in reality all the bearings will need to be changed, the head sent out and cleaned, and every office and journal of the block cleaned(dont forget piston cooling nozzles!!). the crank will most likely need a polish and the cam is probably no good aswell. the rockers will be full and the jake solenoids no good awswell. the fuel system may be plugged, and with it most of the injectors gone with it. the list goes on and on...... this is when you start to look at remans....
replyreply
Jesus Christ! That is criminal! I know this, there are CM2250's in showrooms, crate motors up here in MI selling for $20,000.00, they had one in Grand Rapids MI like 6 or 7 months ago, I believe the KW dealer... Call around, nationwide and find one. They are out there, I have seen them!
replyreply
If I can find a crate for 20k i'll get it right a way, please you all let me know if you know of one
replyreply
I wish the hell I could remember where I saw that damn thing! I am damn sure it was in Grand Rapids MI at the KW or International dealer, sitting right on the showroom floor. I was pissed looking at it as a reman CM871 was $28,000 at the time, now $36,000! This was last year, but I see these things quite often when in dealerships. Call the Cummins dealers, off of the Cummins website. Bridgeway up here in MI and Rocky Mountain out your way up in CO, WY and MT... I am sure there is one down there in S CA... There has to be a network of dealers that have these things in overstock that want to unload them. It is not going to be easy, but if you ask the right question, hopefully it will pay off.
replyreply
Unilevers,
I think I read here smwhere that reman heads are having issues, so on reman engine is there a way to find out if they used new or reman head?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.