PP CATALYST
10-10-2020, (Subject: PP CATALYST ) 
RE: PP C%$ATALYST
You will have far better luck rubbing your truck like a genie lamp and making a wish than the overpriced joke crap PP puts out!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , PuroCumminsPower
RE: PP CATALYST
If you want your emissions equipment to last as long as it possibly can than you need to take care of everything feeds that filtering system. Just like any other filter, they will clog and be ruined faster if you run a lot of crap through them. Crap in this situation is unburnt fuel and soot from a heavy accelerator, poor programming, or an engine that can't properly run because its sensors and/or its feeding systems are not working correctly. Also if the engine is burning contaminates like oil or coolant. You need to make sure all these things are in tip top shape or all that dpf and scr canister is gonna do is plug with soot, oil, coolant and what ever mong the engine is throwing out. Egr system tune up is what its called around here. Watch the videos and read the mountainous info on here for performing this routine maintenance.

And lastly, the exhaust filter system (emissions system) has a service life. You'll only get so much use out of it before its gonna need replaced. Or the engine gets worn enough that keeping up with everything properly become impossible. To fix that you'll have to overhaul the engine or take steps to make the emissions not such a burden or even a thought.... that last choice could have good results if its done earlier.... either way, there is no magic genie in a can as Volvo8873 has stated.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(10-10-2020 )volvo126 Wrote:  ...
{rest of post removed by Rawze}
...and...
Ok, so all these truck owners that call in and give testimony are all being paid? Oh, Ok.

The discussion and curiosity is fine, but if your here to do nothing but insuylt and belittle others that give you legitimiate answers, then you should have not asked the question. It will get you kicked off the forum real fast around here too.. this ain't social medai.

Plain and simple... just like others have tried to tell you ... your caught up in the snake-oil badwagon that has been seen over and over again on that damned XM radio program, year after year. It has been discussed on here in the past...

... and before you go on a tangent agian and get yourself kicked off here... I would advise you do your homework instead of touting a bunch of garbage testimony as your basis of comparison,.. Testimonials and claims with no basis mean nothing around here.. research and science carries far more weight around here instead of the droves of bullS#it trucker XM radio channel claims. Those A-holes on that radio are nothing but a bunch of product pushers designed to drain your wallet any ways they can with all those miracle bullarky products they come up with every year.!.

Here is the older discussion on it back in 2019 when they were starting to push it. I had forgotten all about this thread and actually had followed up on the curiosity a long ago so that i had some real answers. ... but forgot to post about it, likely because the thread got derailed talking about food...lol

. I went ahead and updated it ... its been a while since I did the research on it, could only find part of what I had discovered, but did the best I could from memory with the rest...

here is the whole thread...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid39359

here is the follow-up...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid59005

==============

If your looking to improve your DPF system and keep it as healthy as possible... invest in cleaning and replacing engine sensors regularly and ensuring the engine is performing at its best... this is absolutely the most cost effective thing you can possibly do. DPf filters do not make soot.. engines running less than tip-top shape do... and that DPF is only collecting the results.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
10-11-2020, (Subject: PP CATALYST ) 
Guess you didn't take the time to see who I am. I'm the guy that over 5 years ago joined to get info on the emissions systems of a completely stock cummins CM871. After reading your book, I did a complete EGR tune-up. Since then I've had not one single check engine light on since, not one. I've come on here and told others about my success with a stock motor, by just that simple EGR tune-up. So now I come to ask about something I heard on a radio show. Instead of someone saying "I tried it, it didn't do anything", or "I've never tried it, never will", or "I tried it, and it did all the things they claim on the radio". All I got was a bunch of responses from people who've never used it, one even telling me I should go get another job for even asking about it. Now you get on here telling me I'M insulting your members, and threatening to ban me. Ok, go ahead and ban me if you think what I wrote was in insulting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 03maxpower
(10-11-2020 )volvo126 Wrote:  Guess you didn't take the time to see who I am. I'm the guy that over 5 years ago joined to get info on the emissions systems of a completely stock cummins CM871. After reading your book, I did a complete EGR tune-up. Since then I've had not one single check engine light on since, not one. I've come on here and told others about my success with a stock motor, by just that simple EGR tune-up. So now I come to ask about something I heard on a radio show. Instead of someone saying "I tried it, it didn't do anything", or "I've never tried it, never will", or "I tried it, and it did all the things they claim on the radio". All I got was a bunch of responses from people who've never used it, one even telling me I should go get another job for even asking about it. Now you get on here telling me I'M insulting your members, and threatening to ban me. Ok, go ahead and ban me if you think what I wrote was in insulting.

seems you missed the point... I deleted and removed the snide comments... that is what I am against.. not the conversation.

yes,.. someone should point out the obvious about trying to save a few bucks on important engine sensors and if you've been on here so much, you should have already expected that response.

and yeah... i am against snake oils... in 500,000 miles, at 7 mpg....m you would spend $4900 on that garbage to only get you another 7500 miles before the dpf went out any ways .. ,Their claims of MPG increases HAS BEEN TESTED BY MYSELF and shows ZERO RESULTS! ... and ... $4900 of liquid cures for 7500 miles of dpf longevity in a 500k mile span (being very generous here) is far more $$$expensive than removing the cans at the 500k mile mark for a few hundred bucks and baking them out, going again... and the EGR tune-up should be done if your using that garbage product or not.

There is no financial benefit to pouring that s#$it into your tanks!!!... PERIOD!

In all this time you've been lurking on here, you forgot that this is my personal forum? ... You know that place that I made becuase I got kicked off every other forum out there for voicing exactly what I think? here is a reminder...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...26#pid9326

(user has been muted to prevent further arguments).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I never said get a new job just that it's an option to spend less on fuel along with the others none were directed at the op but only as the only options I came up with to reduce fuel usage and not being an ass.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Thats why the written word always needs to be translated not just read. Oh how the internet and text messaging have turned our inner voices into the worst noise you can listen to. I still go out of my way to call and leave voice-mail messages instead of text so people can hear verbal ques and sarcasm and all the other things writings can't simply do. Imagine all the miscommunications that wouldn't happen if people weren't so anti social these days. I can think if more than a couple fights with the ladies I wouldn't have had if they'd have just answered the phone instead of replying endlessly by text.... but then again im also thankful they are long gone... I guess everything happens for a reason. Im just rambling now because its a boring Sunday afternoon. Carry in boys.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne
(10-11-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Thats why the written word always needs to be translated not just read. Oh how the internet and text messaging have turned our inner voices into the worst noise you can listen to. I still go out of my way to call and leave voice-mail messages instead of text so people can hear verbal ques and sarcasm and all the other things writings can't simply do. Imagine all the miscommunications that wouldn't happen if people weren't so anti social these days. I can think if more than a couple fights with the ladies I wouldn't have had if they'd have just answered the phone instead of replying endlessly by text.... but then again im also thankful they are long gone... I guess everything happens for a reason. Im just rambling now because its a boring Sunday afternoon. Carry in boys.

It is terrible what has become of us all due to this nonsense. I still prefer calling, just much easier and generally keeps one out of trouble. Me, I have thick skin, I really don't take anything as offensive anymore, just no longer care.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
your a south dakotan now so your a covid spreading disease of a human...according to some circles...but when im in a place that doesnt require the stupidity i get funny looks cause im not bowing down to the demands i just look smile and chuckle. i was born with thick skin and sometimes a thick skull but ill always listen to someone elses side of the story even if i dont agree thats America we can all disagree but we dont have to be 2 year olds about it.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower , tree98 , SquareOne , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.