ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
10-13-2020, (Subject: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP ) 
RE: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
(10-13-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Rawze. The serial number is 727U7471. I thought it was an 870 due to it having the EGR on the passengers side. I didnt think changing them would effect the engine to the point of not turning over, but I am new to the ISX world.

727U7471 does not seems to be a valid number.. maybe a pic or 2 of the data-plate?

Most likely the engine is a CM2250 for a 2012 truck.

The esn#(engine serial number) is 79459048 ... just letting you know.

If you don't have an account on quickserv, you should use that number to register your engine ... it is free access to all info related to your engine including parts and manuals.

Hey Rawze I have another question. It appears this is the original EGR valve as it is still painted red. It was sooted up pretty good on the inside. I was able to clean it up and free up the butterfly valve as the bottom bearing was sticky. It appears to be operating smoothly now. My question is: If a valve is frozen up like mine was does it damage it by "freeing" the butterfly up? Like using a plastic pry tool and working it back and forth unitl it closes freely on its own?

You should be good, most can handle at least one cleaning.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kellyedrew

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP - Waterloo - 10-13-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.