Low EGT's 250°f wont regen
10-12-2020, (Subject: Low EGT's 250°f wont regen ) 
RE: Low EGT's 250°f wont regen
Wow alot to unpack thank you very much.
The truck had the head and cam replaced about a year ago and the lash is on point. I can tell you as far as the sensors and tubes go they're good. The turbo was slapped on and the guy said he calibrated it properly but when I got my hands on it I had faults pertaining to the calibration. Can't remember what they were but I calibrated it correctly and it hasn't been a issue since. I agree the dpf has to be baked.
As far as the idler gears go they were very noisy. The spec on quickserve was .009 to .011
The best I could get was .016. The engine sounds good now. I was working on it a few hundred miles from the shop, they drove it back bobtail and in the regen history it shows it got one on the way. Check engine light is off and soot load is normal. But when stationary the exhaust Temps wont even try. I do feel like its a engine issue. Never got codes for a timing issue. However during the injector performance test 1st attempt it kicked out because the pressure was unstable the rail sensor had a cut wire on it someone fixed with a crappy butt connector so I replaced it. But thats before the test. Also when I preform the hysteresis test it fails 3 times and passes.
No boost leaks, good air filter. They hooked up a frac pump to it today and the driver said it drove awesome made good power. I did verify Temps with a temp gun.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low EGT's 250°f wont regen - AyronP - 10-12-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.