CM2450, whats is this animal?
10-18-2020, (Subject: CM2450, whats is this animal? ) 
CM2450, whats is this animal?
I have a buddy that is the fleet maintenence manager for a medium sized flatbed company. Talking to him yesterday about some problems with my engine and he mentioned he just finished up his certification on the newest cummins CM2450. He said they are not the X15's but the new 2021 model coming out. Any one have any news on them? He said they cut the EGR down to close to 1/3 so it sounds like it possibly could solve a lot of soot issues. I'm just being lazy and not researching it myself. So I'm just throwing it on here.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
RE: CM2450, whats is this animal?
(10-18-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I have a buddy that is the fleet maintenence manager for a medium sized flatbed company. Talking to him yesterday about some problems with my engine and he mentioned he just finished up his certification on the newest cummins CM2450. He said they are not the X15's but the new 2021 model coming out. Any one have any news on them? He said they cut the EGR down to close to 1/3 so it sounds like it possibly could solve a lot of soot issues. I'm just being lazy and not researching it myself. So I'm just throwing it on here.

Hopefully Cummins is paying attention and at least fixed these damn fuel pumps, or at least took them completely out of ALL circuits so that when they blow apart they do not take out the entire motor or portions of the motor. You would think in 2020 this would not be an issue with all of the technology out here.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
Found this......

https://www.ccjdigital.com/cummins-readi...1-engines/

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , PuroCumminsPower , JimT
https://www.ccjdigital.com/2021-cummins-...cle_footer

"...Both the X15 and X12 engines feature a 75,000-mile oil drain interval for trucks getting 7 mpg or more, but the X15 Performance Series will get a 10,000-mile bump for 2021 in trucks getting between 5 and 7 mpg....."

^------ How ya like that oil change interval! 75k....holy $hit!

Found that article within the one Tree98 suggested.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower , JimT
(10-18-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  https://www.ccjdigital.com/2021-cummins-...cle_footer

"...Both the X15 and X12 engines feature a 75,000-mile oil drain interval for trucks getting 7 mpg or more, but the X15 Performance Series will get a 10,000-mile bump for 2021 in trucks getting between 5 and 7 mpg....."

^------ How ya like that oil change interval! 75k....holy $hit!

Found that article within the one Tree98 suggested.

Grind the cam shaft down to a stub in two years... Big money for the Cummins repair shops... Unreal, and expected.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
And people don't even question it, they just brag about how long you can go without an oil change. Do they think a new type of steel has been developed that doesn't need lubrication? Do they think the oil is better somehow?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT
(10-18-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  And people don't even question it, they just brag about how long you can go without an oil change. Do they think a new type of steel has been developed that doesn't need lubrication? Do they think the oil is better somehow?

You cannot fix stupid... I'm old enough to know about oil additive packages, along with automatic transmissions. it only lasts so long and then needs to be replaced. There is no magic oil bullet out there yet that I know of. And I damn sure would not trust the marketing department in regards to engineering.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT , dhirocz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.