Piston ring/engine break in procedure
10-26-2020, (Subject: Piston ring/engine break in procedure ) 
RE: Piston ring/engine break in procedure
I guess the 'less than sturdy' boxes remans come in are the ones made of particleboard not plywood then?

I'm kind of leery on rocker arms...the last 2 I replaced when my cam went flat at 685k were both duds, neither had the oil passages drilled for the followers. Cummins, of course, when I told them this, ensured me I was wrong. When I offered to send photos, they declined. I'm sure they would rather avoid it so they weren't on the hook for a valve cam. I did luck myself into a box of rocker arm bushings, and I have a press...

I was planning on rebuilding the jake rockers again, including detents, and replacing the rocker shafts as well.

Liner height tool, I'm guessing it's like a deck bridge? Got one.

As far as breaking it in goes, I can certainly do that. A loaded trailer back and forth across the talmadge bridge a few times would do that, as well as some in town driving loaded after the initial break in. Both things I can do.

If I build an identical replacement out of frame, which is an option, I may send the crank off to see how far out of balance the stock crank is. I would be willing to bet, quite a bit.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Piston ring/engine break in procedure - dhirocz - 10-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.