Turbo not boosting while jaking.
10-27-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
Turbo not boosting while jaking.
Cm871, de-mandated, tuned by a respected member here.
So I put a turbo charger on my truck a couple months ago, everything has been working well until last week or so, turbo makes a bad squeel sound when jaking. (I assume its the turbo to manifold gasket as I've had this sound before and that was the problem) which isn't a big deal but today it threw a code for vgt (2387 i think) and before I rolled into where I was going it wouldn't make anything above 10 lbs boost when jaking. It seems to spool up fine when accelerating but not when jaking. I did notice the last couple days when jaking the turbo seemed to opening and closing ever so slightly when jaking hard, I could hear it happening.

Any ideas on where to start? Will that gasket cause this to happen if its leaking exhaust bad? Or maybe I got a sensor or something that needs replacing? Maybe the turbo actuator is out of calibration? Any insight is appreciated.
replyreply
10-28-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
RE: Turbo not boosting while jaking.
Did you replace the actuator when you changed the turbo?
replyreply
(10-28-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Did you replace the actuator when you changed the turbo?

Yah, both turbo and actuator are new.
replyreply
Maybe pressurize the entire engine to check for leaks.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Seems to be working fine again today after being off last night but this does concern me lol.
replyreply
Yeah that sucks

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Not throwing codes anymore but I can hear the actuator still being screwy when I jake. Any sensors I should be looking at? Exhaust back pressure?
replyreply
just to make sure you did do the off turbo cal of actuator and on turbo calibration? otherwise if its dancing around i would say possibly a faulty exhaust gas...or is the EGR plated or programming just holding the egr valve shut? could be valve popping open if not block plated or bolt plugged.

otherwise chase some wiring making sure theres no chaffing.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(10-28-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  just to make sure you did do the off turbo cal of actuator and on turbo calibration? otherwise if its dancing around i would say possibly a faulty exhaust gas...or is the EGR plated or programming just holding the egr valve shut? could be valve popping open if not block plated or bolt plugged.

otherwise chase some wiring making sure theres no chaffing.

Its block plated, ill take a look to make sure it hasn't come loose or anything. The actuator came mounted on the turbo, was supposed to be calibrated from factory? I'll check that out too. Is there an ohm reading I can take on the exhaust back pressure sensor to see if it's faulty?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.