Turbo not boosting while jaking.
10-29-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
RE: Turbo not boosting while jaking.
if it came mounted maybe it was calibrated...but it should have atleast gotten installed calibration done as i think this calibration sets parameters in the ECM for movement. as far as exh pressure sensor or any sensor it could be fine at rest but goes bonkers under use. so even if their is an ohm spec it might not show an actual problem that happens at 30-60lbs of exhaust manifold pressure.

insite is your best friend as you can data mine the engine going down the road. also insite can do both the actuator uninstalled and installed calibrations.

even if the turbo was calibrated at the dealer i still wouldnt trust their quality control to make sure the actuator gear and turbo vain lever as installed at the proper settings.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , quickrigs
10-29-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
Awesome thanks for the advice lonestar. I actually didn't know there was an installed calibration aswell. I'll get that sorted asap.
replyreply
10-30-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
Look on insite see what commanded and actual is at idle make sure they match..What I been finding is turbo is sticking when this happen. You see when jakeing on 3rd stage computer ramps up turbo to about 80% where as normal run is about 60% max.... so if its not moving vgt right you will not get any boost... If it was working fine before and not now tune id say is ok .... Also could have carbon come loose on intake and went through turbo and damaged it
replyreply
10-30-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
(10-30-2020 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Look on insite see what commanded and actual is at idle make sure they match..What I been finding is turbo is sticking when this happen. You see when jakeing on 3rd stage computer ramps up turbo to about 80% where as normal run is about 60% max.... so if its not moving vgt right you will not get any boost... If it was working fine before and not now tune id say is ok .... Also could have carbon come loose on intake and went through turbo and damaged it

I haven't checked what it says while driving but at idle the other night it matched 8% command and 8% actual position.
replyreply
10-31-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
(10-30-2020 )Jprps Wrote:  ...
haven't checked what it says while driving but at idle the other night it matched 8% command and 8% actual position.

Seriously, 8% at idle is going to make vacuum at the intake and is hard on the face seals of the turbo. -- It is also an indication that your tuning is severely out of date
(several years old by now) and there is no telling what else needs upgrading. Setting a turbo that low at idle has not been done for a few years now, as we have all learned that it is not so good for them. There is also a lot of bug fixes in the programming that have been addressed for 871's since then too.

I think you should get with whoever tuned that thing (I think is was Uni, back about 2015 or 2016) and have the program updated. Your welcome to pull a copy of the program out of the ecm (using CT) and e-mail it my way if you can't get a hold of him or Mommaburt. I can update it if need be if ya e-mail me the file out of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-31-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
Yeah like rawze said idel should be way more than that.. Need that fixed asap....
replyreply
11-02-2020, (Subject: Turbo not boosting while jaking. ) 
Alright sounds good fellas, I'll see what I can figure out this week while I'm doing other repairs and maintenance on it. I'll try and figure out ct lol
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.