2013 386 peterbilt relay clicking
11-01-2020, (Subject: 2013 386 peterbilt relay clicking ) 
RE: 2013 386 peterbilt relay clicking
suined Wrote:Hello,

I purchased a 2013 386 peterbilt with a ISX. I have had nothing but issues with the truck since I purchased it. On the way home from ohio to Pa it derated on me, my mechanic buddy plugged into it and the egr differential pressure was reading -156 . I replaced the sensor and it went away. I drove it this week and every day I needed to do a parked regen. I spoke with the previous owner of the truck and he said peterbilt replaced everything on the truck except he egr and egr cooler. He said its always had problems with the exhaust emissions since he had it.

The motor was inframed at kenworth in fl 100,000 miles ago. the paperwork says the pistons were carbon packed.

I found a shop local to me in carlisle Pa called J&J diesel.
...but keeps the scr because it breathes through it just fine

These people are obviously complete utter f#king morons!!!!!!!!! -- THAT SCR Element relies SOLELY ON THAT DPF not to clog itself up with soot! - Remove the DPF but leave the SCR intact ... Depending on how well or poor the engine runs, ... a few months, maybe half a year .. and your goin to be replacing that turbo and/or rebuilding the engine due to a cracked head or piston because of all the excess exhaust pressure from that so-called "Passive" SCR element excuse claims that some lazy f$uker came up with off the internet on one of those auto tuning sites a few years back! ... I Seen it 50+ times a year on here where that idiotic idea tore up someone's enigne. For this shop to tell you this ... They have to be complete clueless! -- Beyond completely clueless and they obviously do not know how a diesel engine works and I would not trust them to do ANY WORK WHATSOEVER! .. NONE! .. If they are that clueless about how a damned engine works.

Your post screams auto-tuning, engine butchering morons at their best!.

They are obviously using some completely clueless idiot off the internet who has told them that to do their ecm programming, that is where that horrible idea and mis-informed way of thinking comes from. The SCR element WILL ALWAYS EVENTUALLY PLUG WITH SOOT .. it is just a matter of time.

shops that tell you that the SCR element is "passive" are the worst offenders of them all and are always full of truck-killing ways!!! --- Run as fast as you can away from those idiots!! -- In fact --- NEVER GO THERE AGAIN if you value your truck and its lifespan at all!. - Its too bad you live near that kind of idiot shop is all I can say. ... They are obviously really stupid and are going to do nothing but rape your wallet for a few thousands of dollars in return for costly, repeated engine failures!

It sounds real fast like your about to become the next "Bad delete Victim" and part of the bad delete club on here. - I started keeping a running list of victims a while back on here so that people can educate themselves on how much of a nightmare your about to walk into. Here is that thread...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

BTW: There is a shop like that around every corner that is more than willing to "kill the mandate" ... It is one of the biggest engine killing plagues in our industry to trade away DPF problems with engine killing deleted programs. They all make claims that "theirs is ok" and all sorts of other lies, but on here, we see the truth ... I do not allow for bad/mis-leading information, and I am quick to expose their horrible programming and butchering on this site whenever someone comes over here or sends me their program that some fool shop (or their internet-based remote tuning guy ) made.

Post your message in the forum here and see what others say ... Mater of fact, I will for ya ...

Many of the people on this forum alone have already been in your shoes. Just about as many have also deeply regretted going to exactly that type of horrible "delete" shop just like you described. With their ecm butchered by some clown off the internet, the shop using half-arssed methods engine killing like you mentioned, their engine butchered into oblivion in various ways not worth a damn!. - Coupe years later ... only to end up on here as another victim of that mess after they lost their engine due to bad programming and/or that SCR element clogging up just enough to crack a piston or over-work the turbo and they loose a turbo a couple times in a row ... spent another $20,000 - $30,000 dollars on another inframe in less than 2 years or so due to all the lies and false promises. The ignorance of these shops is unbelievable! -- Its a fine example of what NOT TO DO + copied, traded internet-butchered programming that some clueless moron made that is not worth putting in a lawn-mower, nonetheless a $36,000 commercial engine.

Myself + and about a hundred other people who had to learn this lesson the hard way's on here's advice is going to be ...

--- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FROM THEM -- WHILE YOU CAN!!!!! -- NEVER GO BACK IF YOU VALUE YOUR EQUIPMENT AT ALL! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- NOT EVEN FOR AN OIL CHANGE OR SIMPLE THINGS IF THEY ARE THAT BAD -- AND THEY SEEM TO BE!!!!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2013 386 peterbilt relay clicking - Rawze - 11-01-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.