No spin lockers
11-04-2020, (Subject: No spin lockers ) 
RE: No spin lockers
In my opinion and experience.....

I have ran some pretty wicked country with my 3 way lockers. i think if you have a regular truck they do very well. If you have a heavy frame truck or insert on the truck they don't do nearly as well.
At my buddy's place , there is a uphill intersection where turn around . My 9900 would back right around and scratch slightly with nothing in , with the power divider in ,it won't spin at all .
Now my westernstar with the frame insert won't back around the corner at all with nothing in , barely with the power divider, not real great even with a 3 way locker in . I used to engage the full quad lock.
So I geuss what I am saying ,I'm your truck will do really well with just a 3 - way locker .
On my 3 way lockers ,I have always had the diff lock on the back axel. If you have to chain up , the back axel is usually easier then the front axel.
My diff lock i use completely different then my power divider. A diff lock when engaged will push the truck straight when you try to turn . A power divider won't do that .
I have locked my power divider in for 6 months staight up here in the land of the polar bears . I really don't think it hurts anything . If it does wear the power divider out a little faster , I am more then o.k with that . I think its still way cheaper then the excess tire wear and drive train wear then not using it, when the conditions are right.even on a mountain pass or gravel I run with my divider in.
Some food for thought anyway.
If it not much more I would still do a quad lock , just be careful the first time you try to turn with it in .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz

Messages In This Thread
No spin lockers - dhirocz - 11-03-2020,
RE: No spin lockers - schISM - 11-04-2020,
RE: No spin lockers - the missing link - 11-04-2020
RE: No spin lockers - dhirocz - 11-08-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.