Cm2350 high commanded vgt
02-28-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
RE: Cm2350 high commanded vgt
(02-27-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(02-25-2021 )Carhauler Wrote:  [quote='Rawze' pid='62613' dateline='1614225675']
Its that turbo chuffing that you described that is an issue. Is the turbo still cuffing a lot?

And then you said.....

Turbo isn’t cuffing. Turbo is original.

I'm confused...... what problem are we trying to solve here if the turbo chuff is now gone??

The turbo is always commanding to be 80-91% closed at idle. Likes to surge and fluctuate open and close... Never did that before.
Gets poor fuel mileage.....
maybe I shouldn’t worry about it anymore.
replyreply
You could drive yourself crazy watching sensor fluctuations all day and never make any sense out of it. If your getting poor fuel mileage it could be a LOT of things unrelated to anything your looking at.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
If i owned it, my next move would be to put the OEM CAC back on it.

those 2350's estimate the amount of CAC restriction, CAC efficiency, etc ... and that aftergarbage CAC may or may not be screwing with that engine .. they have a history of doing bad things that have been seen around here. Putting the OEM unit back on would be one more thing to eliminate whenever things are not acting quite right.

also check that the feed-line going to the exhaust pressure sensor is not clogged up.. and replace the IMAP sensor. You said you cleaned it in your first post, but did not replace it. -It cannot be cleaned properly... they need to be replaced when they get old.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...d=57#pid57

lastly, have you replaced the egr pressure sensor?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Carhauler
(02-28-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If i owned it, my next move would be to put the OEM CAC back on it.

those 2350's estimate the amount of CAC restriction, CAC efficiency, etc ... and that aftergarbage CAC may or may not be screwing with that engine .. they have a history of doing bad things that have been seen around here. Putting the OEM unit back on would be one more thing to eliminate whenever things are not acting quite right.

also check that the feed-line going to the exhaust pressure sensor is not clogged up.. and replace the IMAP sensor. You said you cleaned it in your first post, but did not replace it. -It cannot be cleaned properly... they need to be replaced when they get old.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...d=57#pid57

lastly, have you replaced the egr pressure sensor?

IMAP and all the egr sensors are new. Replaced them a few weeks ago. Didn’t really help. Blew out every hole on the egr too.

I’ll see if I can get another cac. Worst case scenario I’ll tig up the crack on the old one and try it.
replyreply
07-07-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
Well just to update, got tired of worrying about it. It’s been doing ok. Fuel mileage is horrendous but it’s do for the filter to be baked and de ashed. It’s going on on Monday. Going to have them change sensors on the dpf. Some days it runs great, pulls hills great. Then hours later it will be a turd. I’m getting a new truck within the next couple months with a paccrap. So as long as it makes it that long
replyreply
07-07-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
(07-07-2021 )Carhauler Wrote:  Well just to update, got tired of worrying about it. It’s been doing ok. Fuel mileage is horrendous but it’s do for the filter to be baked and de ashed. It’s going on on Monday. Going to have them change sensors on the dpf. Some days it runs great, pulls hills great. Then hours later it will be a turd. I’m getting a new truck within the next couple months with a paccrap. So as long as it makes it that long

So essentially your saying that your destined to make all the same mistakes of the past with the next one instead making what you already have work for you .. and running off to the stealers$its again. - Must be nice to have all the spare moneys laying around to perpetually lease like that, neglect it till all the plague of CEL lights catches up to it, and then dump so that it can be rinsed and repeated.

- what a business plan.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
(07-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-07-2021 )Carhauler Wrote:  Well just to update, got tired of worrying about it. It’s been doing ok. Fuel mileage is horrendous but it’s do for the filter to be baked and de ashed. It’s going on on Monday. Going to have them change sensors on the dpf. Some days it runs great, pulls hills great. Then hours later it will be a turd. I’m getting a new truck within the next couple months with a paccrap. So as long as it makes it that long

So essentially your saying that your destined to make all the same mistakes of the past with the next one instead making what you already have work for you .. and running off to the stealers$its again. - Must be nice to have all the spare moneys laying around to perpetually lease like that, neglect it till all the plague of CEL lights catches up to it, and then dump so that it can be rinsed and repeated.

- what a business plan.

As mentioned before, I don’t own the truck. I’ve exhausted many hours working on it myself. I could pull the dpf myself or take it to Peterbilt by my house. So instead of being stuck at our shop that’s 3 hrs from home, I chose to let the dealer do the maintenance so I could spend time with my 6 yo daughter. I already take care of it as if it was mine. And am by no means wanting to give up on it. But there becomes a point when you don’t own something, time, and money lost from tinkering. I got the truck and it was neglected, I have done a few egr tuneups, changed the doc and dpf, all the sensors mainly on my own as a driver. I do most of the maintenance.
It’s also a carhauler, so it’s beneficial getting a newer truck due to the trailer and rack starts to become a money pit and just worn out.
This truck isn’t getting sold. It just gets another driver in our small fleet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Waterloo
07-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
(07-12-2021 )Carhauler Wrote:  

- what a business plan.

As mentioned before, I don’t own the truck. I’ve exhausted many hours working on it myself. I could pull the dpf myself or take it to Peterbilt by my house. So instead of being stuck at our shop that’s 3 hrs from home, I chose to let the dealer do the maintenance so I could spend time with my 6 yo daughter. I already take care of it as if it was mine. And am by no means wanting to give up on it. But there becomes a point when you don’t own something, time, and money lost from tinkering. I got the truck and it was neglected, I have done a few egr tuneups, changed the doc and dpf, all the sensors mainly on my own as a driver. I do most of the maintenance.
It’s also a carhauler, so it’s beneficial getting a newer truck due to the trailer and rack starts to become a money pit and just worn out.

You should shoot the owner of this truck this thread... You sound like a guy I would want in my employ if I still owned a few trucks. You are a rare bird sir. Hat's off to you. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Carhauler
07-13-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
(07-12-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-12-2021 )Carhauler Wrote:  

- what a business plan.

You should shoot the owner of this truck this thread... You sound like a guy I would want in my employ if I still owned a few trucks. You are a rare bird sir. Hat's off to you. ;-)

I grew up in a family road construction business, it was drilled into my head to maintain all the trucks and equipment, old or new like your life depended on it.
Nah I’m not involving him. He’s a good guy, let’s me do whatever, but for the most part I got it covered. I’ll see how it acts ones the dpf is back in, differential pressure sensor and outlet temp sensor is changed.
I think it may be head time anyway, it’s been kicking the fan on way too much on flat ground and the fan can’t keep it under 200 on hill 95’ day.
The coolant temp was the reason I checked the ash content. Mileage was down, also power. So I figured it was the dpf.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.