Cm2350 high commanded vgt
11-13-2020, (Subject: Cm2350 high commanded vgt ) 
RE: Cm2350 high commanded vgt
(11-13-2020 )Carhauler Wrote:  Exhaust pressure reads atmospheric with engine off.
Egr orifice is -2 inhg at engine off.
Maybe the culprit?

The egr pressure sensor and exhaust pressure sensor are the same part#. Maybe swap them and see if the numbers change?.

Also you want to ensure that some moron did not "up the horsepower" in the engine and that the program matches exactly the engine and truck. Make sure the calibration phase in Insite shows the same as what the engine calls for on the data-plate and on Quickserv. Sometimes shops will change the HP of the engine and it will cause issues like this later on when because the DPF or other truck components external to the engine (or internal engine components sometimes too) do not match the required program that the ecm needs.

You also want to ensure that the software in the ecm is completely up to date (within 6 months old). Older ecm software from a couple years ago or more has been known to cause issues like your getting if everything is not perfect on the engine.

-- If I owned it, the entire egr circuitry + egr cooler would have come off it ... 100% of all of it + the intake manifold and had been cleaned out squeaky clean ... piping, cooler, egr valve, all cross-channels and feed tubes, and all sensors replaced at once. Would have pulled the DOC and DPF and had them sent off to bake them, de-ash them + flow test them. Would inspect the Decomp tube for any restrictions, Cleaned out the DEF system and DEF filter, cleaned the DOser and DEF injector tips, and had yanked that dammed CAC off in a hurry and gotten an OEM cac to put back on it + pressure tested the entire engine (not just the CAC) when it all went back on to ensure there were no leaks to any of it. AND i would have updated the software in the ecm to latest version because out of date software has been known to cause this issue too. -- How much you want to bet that I could have found the problem?

- You not owning the truck should show you that you can't skimp on s$it or half-arsse things in this trucking industry, because it will eat all your profits up in a hurry with plaguing problems, extra down-time, etc. and cost you expensive components like $5,000 worth of failed turbochargers all because some idiot tried to save a few pennies on aftermarket garbage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm2350 high commanded vgt - Rawze - 11-13-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.