1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues
11-12-2020, (Subject: 1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues ) 
1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues
I am having multiple issues so I will list them out and we can hopefully knock them out 1 by 1.

1) Weak Jakes builds no boost.. When I switch between 2,4, and 6 you can tell it is switching but virtually zero BHP
2)Engine idles at 520ish rpm.... isnt this low?
3)Losing power during pulls... In 18th it will build up to 37-39psi and then de-rate and cut down to 30ish. No indicators come on but after leveling out and letting my foot off it will build up again and repeat. Doesn't happen 100% but I would say 90% of the time.
4)Drivers side fuel tank empties and fills passenger tank, never overlfows but I will "run dry" if i dont stop every 400ish miles and fill up. I have tried everything except replacing the valves on top of the tranny... thoughts?
5)Truck overheats unless fan on 100% of time. Waterpump is good. Had radiator cleaned and cored. Time for bigger radiator or ????

Had a rebuild 250k ago and replaced many injectors since.... what kind of "upgrades" or other items would you guys suggest I do? I know the rebuild used the updated pistons and rods.

Thank you guys for any and ALL help! Rawze... I will bring it to you if you have an opening.
replyreply
11-13-2020, (Subject: 1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues ) 
RE: 1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues
sounds to me like something went wrong during the rebuild? or that some idiot put the wrong program in the ecm?

Perhaps the wrong overhaul kit? - Maybe a slipped cam? ... who knows.

Also the engine overheating is a huge red flag. That is not normal at all. - Anyone bother to change the thermostat and that brass ring in the bottom of the thermostat housing?. - Bigger radiators is not the answer... that will only contribute towards masking the real problems, allowing for something to fail without warning later on.

When the power falls off, has anyone bothered to find out what the engine state and other data is in the ecm while going down the roads to see why the power is not at 100% output?. When is the last time the major engine sensors have been changed out?. When is the last time the overhead valves were adjusted?. When is the last time somone did an injector leak test on it? (ref: https://youtu.be/Wu_WN8BA-LA ).

* Do an overhead valve adjustment on it followed by an injector leak test. Also pressurize the entire engine and not just the CAC unit?. > I.E.> Plating off the intake port of turbo and exhaust port of of turbo) and pressurizing the whole engine up? ... making sure there are no boost or other air-related leaks.

Also during the rebuild ... was a brand new OEM-only head used? -- or something else, like some re-machined garbage or old head re-worked and slapped back on? - This can be some of the problems too. - Might want to pull all the rocker shafts off and pressurize the intake manifold and exhaust manifold and see if there are any valves letting air past them causing compression loss.

Does it have the correct OEM turbo on it still? - or some dick#head replace it with something else?

Does it have all original certified OEM parts + were all new or PX? -- in it or some idiot put the wrong injector part#'s or reman from a shop somewhere, etc... or other garbage in it?

What about the diaphrams in the back of the IFSM? -- and the solenoids, etc? .. there is a lot to the ISX that a lot of people overlook and neglect then wonder why they have all sorts of issues.

Maybe re-wedge the cams to ensure someone did not use the wrong wedge kit offsets or the cams have not slipped due to some idiot not following all procedures + using proper amounts of 609 on the tapers when the gear train was put back together.

- and how old is the engine wiring harness?-- When is the last time the entire harness was replaced?

just some thoughts any ways.

As far as the fuel return lines to the tanks,.. the splitter valve is the first thing you should have looked at. Next is any restriction in the bleeder tubes at the top of the tanks .. or any leaky lines. This is not an engine issue, this is a fuel line return or pickup-tubing issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
Some more info may help too. What make and model? How long have you been in possession of the truck? How long has this stuff been a problem? When did this stuff start happening? All at once or over time? Where in the world are you operating at? What line of work is this truck doing? Heavy haul, line haul, off road, local stop and go, OTR?

Does black smoke pour out the exhaust when accelerating? Or when it derates?
replyreply
I bought the truck at 525k from a guy in Des Moines... The owner said he was Original buyer and used it OTR. I put almost 200k on it and had it rebuilt from a shop in Russell Springs KY. The shop had done other work for me and had their own fleet, I had no reason to believe they would do a half assed job. I will have to go thru receipts to find the rebuild paperwork to see what all was done. The truck ran fine for some time and then had random hard start issues. Replace primer pump.... Replace "mini filter" in fuel system.... and I think over the last 3 years 5 injectors... Yes, Turbo replaced with an OE 200k ago. Also, had the rack adjusted roughly a year ago. The truck averages 55k a year.
Truck currently sits at 1.001 Million Miles.
I own a carnival. Rawze you have probably met or at least seen me. We supplied the carnival at the speedway 4 weeks ago and have supplied the Spalding county fair since before I was born. That's why I said I would just bring it to you for a full inspection and diagnosis. I haul all of the heavy 80k to 105k loads.
The overheat has gotten progressively worse over time and hauling lighter loads I can go longer in between turning the fan switch on. Also, I am judging temp by the dash gauge and not a true ECM signal. If I leave the override switch off the fan will engage right before the red portion of the gauge automatically. The roadrelay doesnt function anymore.
I have a pyro and I never see over 900. In fact I average around 775-800.
Under acceleration I can see some black smoke in the mirror but not very much.
I personally did the reman ECM and harness Spring of 19.
The fuel splitter was one of the first things I removed and checked for blockages!
replyreply
(11-13-2020 )zpanacek Wrote:  ...
We supplied the carnival at the speedway 4 weeks ago and have supplied the Spalding county fair since before I was born

As soon as I saw all the masks were required at all times + other bat-stu-flu bulls$it restrictions,.. we all decided not to go this year.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
(11-13-2020 )zpanacek Wrote:  I bought the truck at 525k from a guy in Des Moines... The owner said he was Original buyer and used it OTR. I put almost 200k on it and had it rebuilt from a shop in Russell Springs KY. The shop had done other work for me and had their own fleet, I had no reason to believe they would do a half assed job. I will have to go thru receipts to find the rebuild paperwork to see what all was done. The truck ran fine for some time and then had random hard start issues. Replace primer pump.... Replace "mini filter" in fuel system.... and I think over the last 3 years 5 injectors... Yes, Turbo replaced with an OE 200k ago. Also, had the rack adjusted roughly a year ago. The truck averages 55k a year.
Truck currently sits at 1.001 Million Miles.
I own a carnival. Rawze you have probably met or at least seen me. We supplied the carnival at the speedway 4 weeks ago and have supplied the Spalding county fair since before I was born. That's why I said I would just bring it to you for a full inspection and diagnosis. I haul all of the heavy 80k to 105k loads.
The overheat has gotten progressively worse over time and hauling lighter loads I can go longer in between turning the fan switch on. Also, I am judging temp by the dash gauge and not a true ECM signal. If I leave the override switch off the fan will engage right before the red portion of the gauge automatically. The roadrelay doesnt function anymore.
I have a pyro and I never see over 900. In fact I average around 775-800.
Under acceleration I can see some black smoke in the mirror but not very much.
I personally did the reman ECM and harness Spring of 19.
The fuel splitter was one of the first things I removed and checked for blockages!

if ya can't figure it out then I would suggest take an appointment to Mr. hags, (Haggai Automotive in griffin, GA. - he will likely find out exactly what is gong on with it.

replyreply
11-19-2020, (Subject: 1998 Sig600/CM570 Multiple Issues ) 
Rebuild your jakes. Very easy to do, I did my own
Don’t know about idle.
Change fuel shut off solenoid. Make sure you change magnets and everything not just solenoid.
Not sure on the rest either.

I had these two issues with mine and total 180 after I did these.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.