International LONESTAR
11-15-2020, (Subject: International LONESTAR ) 
RE: International LONESTAR
Tall tires, the correct gear ratios, lockers, and no plastic fairings or any of that nonsense. I have a ProStar, it would not last long in the oil fields running off road.

Western Stars, Petes, old Freithliner Classics. Believe it or not, when I ran up in North Dakota, our Freightliner Classics were the most durable trucks with fewer breakdowns and mechanical issues. These were 1990's models.

I was just up in ND, second tour, and we were running new Freightliner day cabs, the Coronado version. They were pretty stout and ran the Detroits, with tall rubber. We were hauling diesel fuel to frack sites, so say 30% off road. I was impressed, they held up pretty good. The KW's we had, 800's, were rattle traps, always minor stuff breaking, really poor quality builds and not suited for heavy duty work if you ask me. And they were ordered/spec'd for this type of work, none of us liked to drive those and avoided at all costs. These trucks were all 2020 to 2018 models.

I would stay away from KW products.

And make sure you have plenty of room behind the cab on the frame rails for any pumps or anything else you may need to hang back there.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: International LONESTAR - Waterloo - 11-15-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.