International LONESTAR
11-17-2020, (Subject: International LONESTAR ) 
RE: International LONESTAR
Thanks for the feedback guys.. A lot of drivers here have Cascadia or peterbilts around here.. I always load about 80000 lbs of sand so I’m needing a good working truck and at the same time comfortable and has some power.. as far as gear ratios do I would a 3.6 ratio work for that kind of load pulling or do I need to go higher.. I don’t drive fast down these dirt roads I go about 10 mph while guys fly right by me down bad roads.. I try to take care of what I got.. I just thought the lonestar looks good but now I’m second guessing
replyreply
There’s also some trucks with paccar engines I seen.. what’s y’all opinions on the paccar models
replyreply
(11-17-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  There’s also some trucks with paccar engines I seen.. what’s y’all opinions on the paccar models

Ive heard those PACCARS have alot of sensor issues , CEL coming on and so forth. Also I believe only dealer can work on them and parts are very expensive.
replyreply
11-18-2020, (Subject: International LONESTAR ) 
as far as rears go ... 3.79's or 4.11's come to mind. 4.36's or even 4.68's come to mind if there is a lot of stop and go.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yea I do a lot of stop and go most days other times I’m running 100 mile runs twice a day so I’ll keep that in mind on the ratios .. I found a small company here in west Texas who’s selling a 2010 Pete 389.. with a completely rebuilt engine and they say they have. Video and paperwork to prove it.. that’s got a Cummins in it .. there wanting 60000 for it.. so I’m going to look into that ..
replyreply
60k for a 2010 389...i could buy 2 of my 2016 t680s with 600k for that...plus most shops dont rebuild cummins correctly and they fall apart before they should.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-19-2020, (Subject: International LONESTAR ) 
(11-17-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  There’s also some trucks with paccar engines I seen.. what’s y’all opinions on the paccar models

Ive heard those PACCARS have alot of sensor issues , CEL coming on and so forth. Also I believe only dealer can work on them and parts are very expensive.

I’ve been running a PACCAR for over two years now and love it. One CEL for DEF temp. is the only issue I’ve had and it’s hands down the most fuel efficient truck I’ve owned.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
11-21-2020, (Subject: International LONESTAR ) 
(11-18-2020 )Ballerxl Wrote:  Yea I do a lot of stop and go most days other times I’m running 100 mile runs twice a day so I’ll keep that in mind on the ratios .. I found a small company here in west Texas who’s selling a 2010 Pete 389.. with a completely rebuilt engine and they say they have. Video and paperwork to prove it.. that’s got a Cummins in it .. there wanting 60000 for it.. so I’m going to look into that ..

If your not doing any off-roading of rugged terrain, extra heavy haul, etc... to require such a pig of a truck, then your doing nothing but throwing money down the drain on that antique-roadshow of a truck ($8,000+ in extra fuel consumption alone per year). Not only that, but never trust a freshly inframed truck these days... most shops cannot rebuild isx worth a damned any more. ... even if i had an application for it, I wouldn't give more than 30k for that thing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.