Spare power switch/connector
11-16-2020, (Subject: Spare power switch/connector ) 
Spare power switch/connector
I'm trying to find where the harnessing is for the "Spare" switches on my 2014 T680 daycab. I found where they are on the fuse panel and also found a harness in there for "Spare Circuits" but spare circuits does not have a terminal for my dash switches. I was under the impression they were tied to the firewall or under the cab but I'm not having any luck.
replyreply
11-16-2020, (Subject: Spare power switch/connector ) 
RE: Spare power switch/connector
https://www.kenworth.com/media/52134/hd-...nworth.pdf

So, a quick glance on my part and the 2014 and 15 model year look almost similar, so it may be worth checking out this body builder manual for the T680. There is mention of the spare circuits on pages 8-2 to 8-5.

8-28 and 8-29 talk about installing switches into the dash. It looks like you may have to program the CECU (body module) with ESA and pin the connector, along with making, or purchasing a harness for the switches you want to install.

Hopefully this helps!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress
11-17-2020, (Subject: Spare power switch/connector ) 
I've looked at that manual several times and see exactly what you are referring to. The "spare circuits" connector they are referring to will not work for what I want. I need a switched circuit for a dump valve I want to put on my trailer. The truck has two switches that have power to them (and through them back into a bigger bundle of wires) and supposedly there are terminals in the engine compartment or under the cab I can plug into. I cannot find any such terminals.
replyreply
There may be a spare connector for the chassis node between the frame rails just ahead of the front drive axle on either side of the frame, but I've seen trucks with, and without that spare body builder connector. If present, it will have a blanking plug to protect it in it as well.

According to the diagram below, those switches go to their respective connector on the CECU3 and then if it's chassis side and handled outside the cab, it goes to the MUX3P chassis node on the drivers side of the truck, mounted on the frame typically facing the transmission.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LpyxNKi...Xxqr7/view

When I get home from work I'll double check and make sure the above circuit pin outs for the spare connectors are the same for the 2014 model.
replyreply
I figured it out this afternoon after a call to the dealer. Evidently the sources I had read were not right for my truck. The switches are all in place and powered but there is not pre-installed harness. There was a short 4" lead coming off both switches with a terminal to accept a spade terminal. I had to run a wire through a firewall port and then I was good to go.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Awesome glad you got it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.