Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube
07-25-2016, (Subject: Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube ) 
Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube
Hey everyone, Any ideas on what would cause yellowish deposits on the elbow between the DPF output and Decomp tube inlet??
Thought about un-spent DEF but it is upstream from the DEF injector. Maybe Aftertreatment fuel injector putting out extra fuel?? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
07-26-2016, (Subject: Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube ) 
RE: Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube
Yellowish? you using any fuel additives?

cracked DPF can?

I can tell you this,... If your getting some deposits PAST the DPF can,.. it is likely to face plugging the SCR can in short order. Those SCR cans cannot be cleaned and do not come apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks Rawze!! I will be pulling the DPF for inspection tomorrow. I will report back with my findings.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
No, not using any fuel additives. That's what was throwing me off about the color.

replyreply
07-27-2016, (Subject: Yellowish deposits ?? DPF out to Decamp tube ) 
(07-26-2016 )JMBT Wrote:  No, not using any fuel additives. That's what was throwing me off about the color.

You have my number. -- Call me sometime about it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.