Question about bulb lights
11-18-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
Question about bulb lights
Hello friends

Looking to get a high bright bulb lights for lower beam.
How brightness of bulb light is categorized or graded.
What do you recommend?

Thank you
replyreply
11-18-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
RE: Question about bulb lights
sylvania brand tend to be good for halogen

i like my diode dynamics SL1s for LED. just make sure if you go LED they are installed correctly with their clockable center sections.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
11-19-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
Bulbs are typically rated in Lux which is usable brightness. Sometimes you'll see Lumens used as well, but most reputable bulb/headlight companies rate their product in Lux.

I buy a lot of LED bulbs from Headlight Revolution because the owner knows exactly what he's talking about when he explains a product, and their customer service is exceptional.

I've had regular hologen housings upgraded with projectors and HIDs or LEDs by Black Flame Customs before as well, which they're great if you want to keep your stock headlight and no one makes a filament style LED replacement yet.

Maxxis makes a lot of LED lights as well but they're more for Peterbilt or older Freightliners where the bulb is part of the entire headlight.
replyreply
I'm actually currently building a website and filming videos for a heavy truck specific lighting company.

The Diode Dynamics sl1 are great as Lonestar mentioned, they are the most reliable on the market. Morimoto just released the Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 a couple days ago and they look crazy good, if you run in snow or ice at all, they are a game changer as their fan blows into the housing which heats the lense.

You can go with a Hylux Ballast and HID kit for the most light output but you may produce alot of glare, it depends on your housing.

What truck is this going in?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(11-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  ...

It’s Peterbilt 579
I currently use eld that has fan in it but it’s like a flashlight with battery ran out of juice.
replyreply
(11-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  .... the Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 a couple days ago and they look ...
Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0... what truck did you run these in? Will they fit in the pete 389 housing?
replyreply
(11-19-2020 )alborz Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  I'm actually currently building a website and filming videos for a heavy truck specific lighting company.

The Diode Dynamics sl1 are great as Lonestar mentioned, they are the most reliable on the market. Morimoto just released the Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 a couple days ago and they look crazy good, if you run in snow or ice at all, they are a game changer as their fan blows into the housing which heats the lense.

You can go with a Hylux Ballast and HID kit for the most light output but you may produce alot of glare, it depends on your housing.

It’s Peterbilt 579
I currently use eld that has fan in it but it’s like a flashlight with battery ran out of juice.

Most plug in Led bulbs are junk, they either don't project very far or they over clock the LED chips to make them brighter but then they won't last. That is why Diode Dynamics is perfect for trucking, they run cool because they are built with premium components but that makes them last a long time. They also have tonnes of expensive equipment that most don't which allows them to closely mimic the output of the halogen bulb that was in there as far as beam pattern goes.
./uploads/202011/post_1367_1605827315_6f74b88e0a666242f301ea271c2ece55.jpg

This is from thier webpage and shows the heat sink in action.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(11-19-2020 )eggtrucks Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  I'm actually currently building a website and filming videos for a heavy truck specific lighting company.

Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0... what truck did you run these in? Will they fit in the pete 389 housing?

They just came out and I am waiting on my first ones to arrive. I ordered 4 of the 9007 for a guy who has a 379 with quad 5.75 round headlights.

They will absolutely work in a 389, they have H11 and 9005 available. Im going to be ordering a set soon to film a video of them in a spare 389 housing I've got for comparison.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
11-20-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
(11-19-2020 )Brock Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 )eggtrucks Wrote:  

They just came out and I am waiting on my first ones to arrive. I ordered 4 of the 9007 for a guy who has a 379 with quad 5.75 round headlights.

They will absolutely work in a 389, they have H11 and 9005 available. Im going to be ordering a set soon to film a video of them in a spare 389 housing I've got for comparison.

Where do you buy them from?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.