Question about bulb lights
11-20-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
RE: Question about bulb lights
GTR and Diode Dynamics i know you can get from their websites

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
11-22-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
How are the LED's performing in the snow? Do they produce enough heat to keep the lense free of snow packing? One thing I won't tolerate is a head light that is completely covered with snow. It creates a hell of predicament. Failing and fading vision through the night in the worst imaginable time in the worse condition...making an emergency road side stop on ice and snow in the pitch black of the night with snow socked headlights and unable to see in front of you to get pulled over to clean them off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
11-25-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
I have seen some designs of LED headlights that use the fan to blow the air through the heatsink into the housing instead of sucking air out of the heatsink. It's supposed to add enough heat to keep ice and snow from building up. I can't speak as to the effectiveness of that design as I run HID projectors and LED high beams on my Pete.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
12-09-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
Just figured I'd give my question 1 last go before I find out for myself. Im looking to replace my H7 head light bulbs with good LED's. Have any of you guys up in the frozen winter part of the country/world seen any snow packing , fogging or adverse effects from running LED's?

Anyone have a good company recommendation for H7 bulbs on a 2010 KW T660?
replyreply
Who makes a good pair of LED sun glasses for night time driving? I'm about to hang it up, night time driving, as these new LED lights have nearly caused myself several accidents when being outright blinded by oncoming traffic. They may look cool from behind the steering wheel, but I'm ready to mount a 12 ga to the hood. Or wander around the truck stop parking lot with my drillers hammer... ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , snailexpress , JimT
(12-09-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  .... but I'm ready to mount a 12 ga to the hood. Or wander around the truck stop parking lot with my drillers hammer... ;-)

LOL!, 100% on board with that.....the worst ones are the guys coming up from behind (usually doing about 3mph faster) that take about 12miles to pass-----blinding you the whole damn way!

Seems like the older Petes with the 'cheaper' LED alternative are the worst. Doesn't really direct light appropriately, just shoots it out everywhere.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
Ya, I can just choke everyone of the guys that run off road LED's or cheap chinese, out of adjustment bulbs. They're bright to look at but do nothing for being headlights. You can see that in how little the headlights light up the ground in front of the vehicle.

I'm leaning towards LED because of the headlight housing on my truck being so crappy. Its a plastic lock in place disc that covers where the bulb goes. 1 already fell off and I had to replace it. I want to put a bulb in that will last a good long time so I can silcone seal the cover disks in place and not have to cut them open for a long time.

Im open to suggestions if LED's aren't the way to go. I need them to make heat and have longevity. Standard incandescent bulbs aren't cutting it because they burn out to frequently. I have to replace them too often to seal the disks in place. Being able to see whats in front of me a little better would be an added bonus.
replyreply
12-17-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
I'm right there with you Chamber. I currently have H11 bulbs in my 2012 pete 587 (same headlight housing as the 579) and would love to upgrade to something better, without being one of those a-holes who blinds everyone. I love modern LED bulbs, but I too am concerned about snow/ice accumulation and I have absolutely no clue where to start. I like my headlight color to be more traditional like the h11 bulbs (I think it's about 3700K color temp) as opposed to those bright white ones (about 5000k color temp).

I wouldn't be opposed to replacing the entire housings. One is dim due to age and the other has a crack in the plastic. Just don't want to go spending all the money on some junk that I know nothing about.

Would love specific suggestions from those who know.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
12-17-2020, (Subject: Question about bulb lights ) 
Issue your going to have with LED bulbs in a H7 headlight.....you'll never be able to secure that cover again. The cooling fan/heatsink stick out the back. I replaced my H7 with HID bulbs. Take around 20 seconds to come to full brightness but a big difference between the halogen and the HID.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.