AG380 C spring lifespan
12-09-2020, (Subject: AG380 C spring lifespan ) 
AG380 C spring lifespan
Just checked my alignment today using rawze's method. Toe in is great, axles are definitely off. My spring eye bushings in the back have looked better, and I'm looking at addressing those and replacing my torque rods as well. I already replaced the radius rods and they are still fine.

I've already addressed the front...I just sucked it up and replaced the springs entirely with OEM, they were Xing and the bushings were shot. The rear springs look fine other than the bushings. I just want to know what the lifespan is on these before I start ordering parts. If replacement is the best option, I will be putting OEM back on it, unless there is a better option.

I want to make sure I get my money's worth out of my new drive tires!

If replacement of just the bushing is a viable option at 915k miles, what options exist to replace the bushings? Remove and push out with a press I'm assuming? I've never been one to really like taking a torch to something like a spring. I would consider using atro bushings if I did just a bushing job, I upgraded the radius rods a few years ago with atro pieces and haven't had any issue out of them. They were built much heavier duty than stock.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: AG380 C spring lifespan
That suspention is bulletproof. I would go all oem on bushings and torque rods. Tried aftermarket arms they only lasted 1/3 of the originals
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
OEM bushings and new complete torque rods is how I went. I took it to a local shop. You will also need new u bolts, have those made up locally, as the OEM ones are ridiculously expensive. You should get the same out of them as you did the stuff you are replacing, unless you are into heavy haul.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Can I get clarification on the U bolts? I wasn't planning on taking it down that far. Maybe there is something I'm overlooking?

And yes those U bolts for my front axle were $$$. Had to cut the old ones off.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
When I did the rear pin bushings, different set up on the international I'm sure, but I believe they still have to remove the U-bolts/drop the axle housing to fit the new bushings. If they do, I went to a local fabricator and he built a set for around $15 ea, vs the $75 ea the stealership wanted.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.