ABS Lights & ARS
11-21-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
ABS Lights & ARS
Hey guys
Had a local mechanic fixed truck ABS (light was on he changed a sensor and a line to another and cleaned rings) Now the light will flash on and off. Got my trailer today and the ABS trailer light keeps coming on and off mostly when braking. Got to my yard and all three lights r on Truck ABS and Trail and ARS non slip
What is ASR came on when I braked in the yard!. Picture below the trailer light comes on when braking and than goes off when moving. 2003 Kenworth T800 / 2005 trailstar trailer

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
11-21-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
RE: ABS Lights & ARS
ASR is Anti-Slip Regulation and is just another term to for Traction Control.

Here's a link to a Wabco PDF file that explains a little bit about how that system works:

WABCO

On page 34 of the file above, the ASR light will come on for 3 things: 1. Initial key on, 2. to warn the driver that the road is system is active and the road is slippery, or 3. there is a fault in the system.

If the parking lot wasn't wet when you pulled in, then you've got problems and it needs to be looked at again.
replyreply
11-22-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
E
(11-21-2020 )Coronado126 Wrote:  ASR is Anti-Slip Regulation and is just another term to for Traction Control.

Here's a link to a Wabco PDF file that explains a little bit about how that system works:

WABCO

On page 34 of the file above, the ASR light will come on for 3 things: 1. Initial key on, 2. to warn the driver that the road is system is active and the road is slippery, or 3. there is a fault in the system.

If the parking lot wasn't wet when you pulled in, then you've got problems and it needs to be looked at again.

The grass was very lightly wet so it’s possible the tires slide when I applied brakes. Read over the information very informative

Thank you

Posted this in another group and a guy said his friend was have the same problem with the trailer ABS light and what not and he had a damaged pigtail that had a bad connection (cheap fix if so probably going to try this & drive it a little more today 1hr———-both truck and trail have been sitting for about two months)
replyreply
11-22-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
Mine does this when the trailer pig-tail starts to get poor connections on it ... try another pig-tail and see if it goes away.

You never know... sometimes it is the simplest of things... sometimes it is not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-23-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
(11-22-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  Mine does this when the trailer pig-tail starts to get poor connections on it ... try another pig-tail and see if it goes away.

You never kinjnow... sometimes it is the simplest of things... sometimes it is not.

Will try
replyreply
11-24-2020, (Subject: ABS Lights & ARS ) 
Ok guys I changed out the pigtail and the light (Trailer ABS) will come on when brakes r applied and go off when brakes r let off.
replyreply
Ok guys I changed out the pigtail and the light (Trailer ABS) will come on when brakes r applied and go off when brakes r let off.
replyreply
Also can anyone tell me what this item is in the picture below it has two or three air lines going into it and it has a small hose coming off of it that goes to nothing and it has air coming from it (in my mind nothing should be loosing air). Is this an air suspension level valve? How can I find out the brand? Part number? It’s on a 2005 trail star end dump trailer.
replyreply
(11-24-2020 )GAguy912 Wrote:  Ok guys I changed out the pigtail and the light (Trailer ABS) will come on when brakes r applied and go off when brakes r let off.
You have no 12 volts on central wire for trailer ABS module power. Trailer ABS uses stop signal light power as a spare power source.
Check 12 volts on central pigtail wire, if 12 volt present the problem is on trailer side.
If not, check pigtail, trailer power supply relay and wiring on the truck .
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.