Odd oil pressure change
11-25-2020, (Subject: Odd oil pressure change ) 
Odd oil pressure change
I have a CM2350 with 590k original stock oil pump not shimmed 12k mile oil changes. My oil pressure is good at idle right around 28 psi and generally is around 38-39 PSI at highway speeds. recently I see 38 to 39 between 1250 and around 1350 RPM but 1400 and above it drops to 35-36. I realize 35 to 36 is considered safe but I'm not sure why the pressure would drop with increased rpm should I replace the oil pump should I even have any concern. thoughts
replyreply
RE: Odd oil pressure change
And you can scrap this if you want I' want I'm going to go ahead and replace the oil sender when I get home but I reseated the plug and all is good now I guess maybe the extra wind from my two speed engine fan was causing a poor connection and some resistance maybe I don't know either way the oil at 210-218° now and right back at 39 psi. I hate that I wasted form space
replyreply
U rebuilt that high pressure fuel pump yet? If not dump ur oil and see how much shrapnel and sparkles is in it.
replyreply
Btw id shut that truck down asap till u make sure it didnt come apart. Longer u run it with the pump shelling the worse the clean up will be.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.