turbo leaking oil
02-28-2016, (Subject: turbo leaking oil ) 
RE: turbo leaking oil
Guys wake up call , Cummins uses some shops around USA to do rebuilds for them , my guy is one of them . Cummins saves tons of money on shipping this way . So if you thinking you got a certified part from Cummins you might be wrong. I had good luck with my supplier and they stand behind their work when it comes down to warranty . Best part is you don't have to pay up front 3000-5000 $ and wait for your money back 3-4 months .
replyreply
is there a way to check crank case pressure using my insite program while driving to see if maybe i do have a more serous problem as snailexpress was pointing to, I'm starting to think hes right and turbo has back pressure from oil pan pushing oil through seals.
replyreply
(02-28-2016 )slowpoke Wrote:  is there a way to check crank case pressure using my insite program while driving to see if maybe i do have a more serous problem as snailexpress was pointing to, I'm starting to think hes right and turbo has back pressure from oil pan pushing oil through seals.

this post comes to mind.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
replyreply
07-11-2016, (Subject: turbo leaking oil ) 
update. turbo reinstalled checked every day. Day 3 still dry, but pulled cover to crank case filter bottom left corner plugging up with grease? pulled hose from head to cc filter plugged solid, put hose from head to below bottom of frame rail bypassing filter no more turbo problem so wasn't turbo after all. it was excessive cc pressure doesn't take much pressure to make turbo leak oil, especially if its has no play and leaks front and backside. I'm thinking its my air compressor leaking coolant slightly going to replace it .
replyreply
07-16-2016, (Subject: turbo leaking oil ) 
If turbo runs away turn truck off. Throw truck into high gear and start it. That will kill the run away turbo. Just FYI.
replyreply
(07-16-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  If turbo runs away turn truck off. Throw truck into high gear and start it. That will kill the run away turbo. Just FYI.

...?????????????........
replyreply
(07-16-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  If turbo runs away turn truck off. Throw truck into high gear and start it. That will kill the run away turbo. Just FYI.

I think this guy has been seriously mis-informed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

I think he meant put it in high gear and stall it.
replyreply
This is the only sure way to stop a Diesel engine runaway...

./uploads/201607/post_2077_1468680525_de56d21e6ba0d86bbd88f8b3c40decdd.png

If you are planning on doing serious or creative tuning and are genuinely worried about the risk of a runaway, a positive air shut off is a small investment...especially compared to the potential total motor loss

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.