Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
11-28-2020, (Subject: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... ) 
RE: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
Well, the problem is solved, two new Michelin X Line Energy Z tires were the fix. Now the truck is like new, so new it scares me! LOL! Thanks for everyone's input!

What was the cause, no clue... I pulled the truck in the bay at the TA in Breezewood PA, went up to the desk to check back in, and by time I got back they already had the tires off of the rims! hell of a shop they have there, all of the latest lazy mechanic tire dismount and mounting equipment known to man. They are fast.

I had them high speed balanced, 4oz on one tire, 3oz on the other, the kid did good. Came close to zeroing out a few times, but could not quite get there. Bottom line, all is now smooth up front.

They gave me $80 for the casings... Sitting side by side to the new tires, I went through some tread. A lot of tread. It was time to replace, jackhammer or not.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , marek4792 , hhow55 , SquareOne , Mattman , stevesparts , DVT873 , Magard , Volvo8873

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... - Waterloo - 11-28-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.