Fan belt broke
11-25-2020, (Subject: Fan belt broke ) 
Fan belt broke
Need some help here guys.. I have a 2011 Pete isx15 2250 .. was driving home yesterday and all of a sudden my truck started smoking and my fan belt broke off.. I replaced it today and started the truck and the truck makes a rattling noise every now and than.. almost sounds like there’s something is loose on the passenger side of the engine.. when I turn the truck off I hear that rattle noise like something is loose.. head scratcher for me can anyone help me out..
replyreply
RE: Fan belt broke
Take the belt back off and spin your pulleys and idlers. Do they spin free or wobble?

If you are not sure of when go ahead and replace the belt tensioner while you are at it.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
How many miles? Good time and highly recommended to change the vibration damper if you're well over 500k miles. Definitely going with a bad pulley and/or accessory though.
replyreply
Miles are at 530000 and what’s a vibration damper and location? Sorry kinda still new to this mechanic stuff.. when the belt was off i did spin the pulleys on the alternator, water pump and they spinned freely.. I didn’t check the tensioner .. I’ll check that when I’m at the truck tomorrow morning
replyreply
Oh the vibration damper is the wheel on the bottom of the engine.. I did try to spin that and it wouldn’t spin
replyreply
11-26-2020, (Subject: Fan belt broke ) 
What about your AC compressor and it's pulleys? The vibration damper and its pulley are bolted directly to the crankshaft. When the liquid inside the damper hardens it can cause an engine to eat through belts and/or a heavy knocking sound around 1500 rpm.
replyreply
Is the sound still there if you run the engine with the belts off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Has the fuel pump been serviced?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I didn’t check the ac pulley I’ll check that, and I haven’t checked if with the belt off it still makes the noise I didn’t think I was supposed to do that without damaging something, fuel has been changed out to the new style , and it does sound like the engine is knocking when at that rpm but I figured all Cummins engines sound like that.. and as I was thinking last night when I was driving home I was starting to feel a slight vibration coming in and out it would be smooth than a little vibration than smooth and little vibration and so on and than 40 miles later that’s when the belt broke and al that
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.