2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
12-03-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
Hey guys got a 2014 cm2350 and deleted the vgt turbo with a borg Warner 80mm. PukeDits had told me there upgrade cam has a .020 taller lift on the retarders which will help get some brake back. I’ve also been told .028 is better. Any input on different options? Cam out of a different year?
Thanks!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
12-03-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
You are better off with a Holset HX60. Don't expect anyone here to entertain your hopes of sticking with that garbage turbo, and no-doubt garbage ECM file.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , amermextrucker , barf
Your screen name is gonna let you down on this one...

You should just put NONEOFTHISWAS in front of it.

You got your ego stroked and bank account robbed. I hope you're trucking for fun and not for profit because what you've done to your business and the equipment that runs it is just mind boggling.

There is hope and you've found the right place to correct your mistakes. But your definitely not gonna like the answers and the path you'll have to walk.

For starts, get that stupid turbo off your truck. Put the factory Holset turbo back on and put the factory calibration back in it. You hired con-men and retards to do brain surgery on your truck. You need to write this off as a colossal mistake and completely cut ties with those idiots. They are getting richer from you getting poorer. Slam the door shut. Run away and never look back.

There are proper ways to get the desired effect you wanted from altering your truck and its most expensive part (the engine) and you went the opposite way.

The original Holset HExxxVE VGT would have gotten you what you wanted and more. Plus you would still have your 3 stages of full Jake brake.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Rawze , amermextrucker , barf , Slavic S
How much boost u makin out that Borg warner whistle fan? Just curious. Also u need to get rid of ALL that bs and fix it like its supposed to be. Better off callin Haggai and askin him if he will unfuck ur truck which will likely include a new VG turbo, the correct cam and correct tune that wont grenade ur engine. While hes at it im sure he'll do an internal inspection of how much damage PUKE did to ur engine which can mean an inframe. If POWER is what ur after in a 2350 he can also tell u what is required for a 2350 to produce over 500hp and still last but dude, do u wanna make $ or do you wanna look cool at 80 uphill burnin a gallon of fuel ever 4 miles?
replyreply
The turbos already done. Sold the old so just want to know if there’s a way to make it a little better. It makes 43 pounds of boost and sitting at 750/2350 currently. I gained over a mpg with the sway and average 6.8 mpg so I don’t think it was a mistake and I was down in the mid 5s. I meant PukeDits cam. But I would think a 570 cam would be the same?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ckhauler
Lol you drank the cool aid 43 psi on a common rail have fun spending 35 grand very soon

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Waterloo , amermextrucker , Slavic S
You have completely butchered and screwed that engine into oblivion with that garbage,.. unless you on here to undo it,.. your about to get banned off here for the stupidity factor alone!!!

We don't support people who abuse and destroy their equipment like complete fools!... Like others have pointed out,.. YOU SCREWED THE POOCH AND DRANK THE COOL-AIDE THAT ONLY LEADS TO REPEATED ENGINE DESTRUCTION WITH THE WORST MODS AND WORST PROGRAMMING THAT MONEY CAN BUY!!! -- YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED INTO THIS CRAP AND UNLESS YOU HERE TO UNDO THIS MISTAKE,.. YOU DO NOT BELONG OM NY FORUM WHERE THE PEOPLE HERE ACTUALLY GIVE a DAMNNED ABOUT THEIR EQUIPMENT!

YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE AND A SEVERELY BUTHCERED ENGINE!!!! -- PERIOD!!!!

You can convince to yourself or maybe other unsuspecting victims of that place that what you did was somehow ok.. but the rest of us know better around here... They must have seen you comming a mile away... likely drained you for all your wallet could give with all their glee and salesman used-car tactics.. ... talked a big game and showed you their dyno reports that are a complete lie ... WAKE THE F$UCK UP AND START TAKING PROPER STEPS TOWARDS UNf$UCKING THAT ENGINE. This has nothing to do with the fact that it may be deleted or the power turned up a bit, we are not saying those are your issues. Many ppl on here have deleted engines that have been done PROPERLY and some even have a lot of HP tho I am not a fan of it... no one is telling you this stuff simply because of power or it possibly being deleted... IT IS THE GARBAGE YOU HAVE DONE TO IT THAT WAS COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND IS SEVERELY ABUSIVE THAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO YELL AT YOU FOR!!!

THERE ARE PROPER WAYS TO MAKE POWER BEYOND WHAT THE FACTORY INTENDED.. THERE ARE PROPER WAYS TO DELETE IT.. THAT DO NO INVOLVE ALL THE ENGINE KILLING ABUSE DOO-DOO THAT YOU HAVE STEPPED KNEE-DEEP INTO THERE!!! -- AND AROUND HERE, EVERYONE CAN SMELL IT!!! THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!

--- GET ALL THAT GARBAGE YOU BOUGHT INTO YANKED OFF OF THAT THING AND PUT IT BACK RIGHT SO IT CAN RUN CORRECTLY OR GET THE HELL OFF MY FORUM!!!!

-- I WILL HAVE NO PART OF ENGINE ABUSE AND GARBAGE TUNING NOT WORTH PUTTING IN A LAWN-MOWER ON HERE.. NOT ONE DAMNNED BIT!

THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING!. - YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO DISCUSS HOW TO ABUSE YOUR ENGINE IN A PROPER FASHION SO THAT YOU CAN INFRAME IT TO THE TUNE OF $20,000 VEVERY COUPLE YEARS THEN I WOULD SUGGEST SOCIAL MEDIA WHERE THAT STUFF GOES ON UNCHECKED!! - AROUND HERE IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!.

Otherwise, I fully suspect that in 5 or 6 years and about $70,000+ in repeated engine failures, this person will start to get the picture and think back at this moment when Rawze tried to tell/warn them... . That seems to be the trend for people who disagree around here any ways.

I have seen their bad programming with its horrible, liner fretting, engine killing injection timing and improper engine mode control enough times that I don't even have to review this one...

Welcome to the bad delete club, you have earned your place in it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255
sad indeed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-03-2020 )FUDGENWORTHIT Wrote:  ... at 750/2350 currently.

How much you want to bet if u took it to a certified dyno that was not part of their Puke-network of idiot delete shops, you will find it falls far short of this. They have been caught lying to their customers with their dyno reports multiple times in the past few years, their dyno's are rigged.

The last guy who came by here that claimed his was making 780HP, he showed me the dyno report form their lying dnyo... we took the truck down to a real dyno, it actually peaked at about 668 or so, oil temps were higher than they should have been too because of the excess internal engine friction due to their horrible tuning and all the other problems that are seen. Sad part is that this same HP 660~ish can be achieved without any of those engine killing mods.

Next,. the 2350 CAN actually make 750 - 800HP output. Not that a highway truck that is supposed to make money should be turned up that high, it shortens the engine life to about half or less... It has been done correctly by ppl on this forum. It does not take all the garbage they sold you, and can be done with like Sig600 mentioned a proper HX60 made for an ISX (though i am strongly against them as well, but at least it is not as abusive as the garbage you have on it right now), or even better yet, a proper 500-series VGT turbo, as they can handle about 900HP easily while still being a VGT and retaining all engine brake and other benefits. None of the engine brake should have ever been sacrificed, and certainly not a different cam garbage. Those people in utah are scam artists and they ere good at convincing truck owners of this abusive mess. Even at 800HP, the CMN2350 only needs about 33-34PSI of boost to get it there. Any more is severely abusive and will eventually kill a cylinder or crack the head... The engine already has 18.9:1 compression ratio and needs very little help to make HP out of it as far as boost goes. That thing is noting like the old cat engines that were only 15.8 or 16.3:1 and needed 50+psi just to get em going... you do that to that engine and you can kiss it good-bye and the 43+psi you say its making is well past the downright abusive over-boosting, cook the cylinders and head rage for sure, it not adding anything towards making proper power at this point.

The issue with actually making much above 700HP however is the fuel system, not the intake, or exhaust or other trash that company tries to victimize their customers with. The fuel system on the 2350 cannot keep up with the fuel flow demand for an actual 780+ HP on its own and this is why I knew right away that the truck was not making nowhere near what Puke claimed on that dyno report the guy had. It just does not have the flow rate so it needs some serious help to get the engine to actually show 750,+ or 800 on an unbiased certified dyno and this is exactly what we found.

The fuel system needs about 40-PSI of fuel pressure ( a fass fuel system set to 40 psi comes to mind) placed on its intake to get it to pump the volume needed for an actual 800HP and a 561 series VGT turbo with its thicker steel shaft + factory manifold from a 600hp cm871 would get it there easily. - No other mods are actually necessary aside from the inatake and exhaust piping past the turbo need to flow as freely as possible.

Even with proper fuel flow on a common rail ISX, the pressures and flow demand while making an actual 750+ need to be kept higher than normal just so it does not run out of flow ... but good luck keeping it there if the engine it driven with that much power very often ... All the negative effects have already been seen from this by those few who actually have genuinely made that much power with a CM2350 and did it properly. The pressure relief valves are going to constantly blow out/wear on you due to demand surge, injectors are not going to last nearly as long with the average higher pressures and constant higher temps than normal if run at high power levels a lot, the fuel pump is going to need new guts every 200k miles or so due to accelerated wear form the extra fuel pressures and demands, and there are other issues with it no matter what you do. - This is no way to run a trucking company at all. It is costly even if done correctly, but what you have done is everything wrong that you could have done to compound these known short-comings and therefore Why the rant above is so strong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , SquareOne , Slavic S
LOL. Thats all i got to say... u didnt just drink the koolaid, u dove in head first.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.