2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
12-03-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
I guess I’m not understanding. It was a factory 605/2050. I was always running 220 water/240 oil temp {part of post removed, bad information}. So I did it and now run 185 water and 220 oil. Fixed that issue. {name removed, bad delete company} is who did the hot tune at the time of turbo swap. If it doesn’t make that much that’s fine. Y’all are pretty harsh for a guy trying to understand what’s so bad. Non vgt turbos have been around for years. I guess I don’t understand. Is my tuning bad because the high boost? Just looking for your experience
replyreply
12-03-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
#1: Its not so much the claimed 750hp thats destroying it as it is the way they accomplish it and make u think ur getting some great fuel mileage (check ur ifta and youll prolly find the dash is lying).
#2: 2350s are something like 19:1 compression. You simply cant shove that damn much air to a cylinder, explode it and expect shi#t to stay together.
#3: there's very few people in this world that delete tunes a truck properly. (Theres an entire section here about bad deletes and puke dits is in half of em) demandating a 2350 requires extremely tight calculations on injection timing, fuel psi and turbo mapping (you completely eliminated the turbo mapping and sent the boost about 10psi higher than a 2350 will handle.).
Your lack of jakes is a direct result of all this fuckery. Its kind like if i removed my windshield and started bitchin about it being cold, windy and wet in the cab. U want us to stop being harsh? Read thru this forum and help urself to and education first. Then when ur prepared to accept how may thousands of dollars u paid someone to destroy a $50k engine call Haggai and pay him to unfuck ur mess. Itll be the best decision you've made since owning that engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Slavic S
(12-03-2020 )FUDGENWORTHIT Wrote:  I guess I’m not understanding. It was a factory 605/2050. I was always running 220 water/240 oil temp and {part of post removed, bad information}. So I did it and now run 185 water and 220 oil. Fixed that issue. {name removed, bad delete company} is who did the hot tune at the time of turbo swap. If it doesn’t make that much that’s fine. Y’all are pretty harsh for a guy trying to understand what’s so bad. Non vgt turbos have been around for years. I guess I don’t understand. Is my tuning bad because the high boost? Just looking for your experience

I will spell it out as simply as it gets...

* Your engine hardware mods are garbage and are only going to kill efficiency and cause it to have a severely shortened engine life.

* Your programming is absolutely engine destroying bad, not worth sticking in a lawn-mower and it has nothing to so with power level settings or the fact that it is deleted!. That place you mentioned did the tuning,.. they are absolutely beyond horrible!, their delete programming is horrible, their methods are horrible, and you sucked it up like a sponge! -- Seen their garbage programming a hundred times around here ... -- Must be nice to be so clueless, you let a bunch of completely clueless engine killing brain buthers into your $40,000 commercial engine, that is what you did!.

I guess he just wants to be clueless... this user has been muted!. Take that crap back to social medai where it belongs!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Coronado126 , Slavic S
(12-03-2020 )FUDGENWORTHIT Wrote:  I guess I’m not understanding. It was a factory 605/2050. I was always running 220 water/240 oil temp and read doing a marine turbo helped a couple guys out. So I did it and now run 185 water and 220 oil. Fixed that issue. {name removed, bad delete company} is who did the hot tune at the time of turbo swap. If it doesn’t make that much that’s fine. Y’all are pretty harsh for a guy trying to understand what’s so bad. Non vgt turbos have been around for years. I guess I don’t understand. Is my tuning bad because the high boost? Just looking for your experience

The biggest issue with running a non VGT turbo is the engine loses the ability to control turbo boost. The ISX is already running a pretty high compression ratio which means using a non VGT turbo running at 43 pounds will lead to overboost failures pretty quick.

The 2350 is safely good for around 35~ psi of boost max if I recall. More than is where you start seeing the cracked pistons, blown head gaskets and cracked heads.

No one here is mad at you bud it's more like venting, the forum just keeps getting hit with guys that get convinced to waste their hard earned money on dumb upgrades or sh!t tuning by big companies like Bully Dog, PPI, or whoever, that say you can trust them because they're the biggest name in the industry and they know best.

Then a year or less down the road the poor guy is here asking why we think he's broke down middle of nowhere with a dealership telling him he's got 6 cracked pistons, a bad head and it's gonna cost $40k to get rolling, plus they wanna put his aftertreatment back on because they won't work on it if you won't let them.

If you read that thread 'bad deletes' it links to practically the same story over and over again. One not unlike yours, except were at an early enough point we can fix yours before failure, if you want.
replyreply
12-04-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
Just because your muted doesn't mean you can't go about learning on this site. Youre by no means the only one here that was totally screwed up and lost. And your by no means the worst that has walked through the doors. Like I said before we're here to help and you arrived at the right place to get things straightened out.

To give you perspective we have some of the world's heaviest haulers on here from all over the world. Canada, USA and Australia that I know of so far. They haul over 250,000 # loads for a living. They'll tell you that your in need of a serious lesson on how and when to use the proper amount of HP, torque and gearing. I know that none of them have claimed to use the kind of HP/torque setting you claim. Yours is actually the highest claim I've seen in my over 2 years of being on here.

I dont know your operation but I can guarantee there are more than just a few people on here that are doing the exact same thing you are and are fully willing to give very excellent help to make your operation much more profitable. You just need to state what your doing and the help comes pouring out.

But 1st you need to save the most expensive part of your operation. That ENGINE!! Get it put back to some semblance of the profit making engine it was designed to be.

If your are 1 of these ultra heavy haul guys then there are ways to use a fixed vein turbo. A much more efficient and reliable fixed vein that was previously stated. Then there are aftermarket engine brake systems that can return some of the jaking capabilities. But this is only for the very niche ultra heavy haul guys and maybe some niche off road work guys. Any other operation this is a colossal waste if money and will destroy your business and cause a lifetime of over work and wasted money. It is by far cheaper and more cost effective in the long run to stop exactly where you are and just put everything back that needs to go back.

If you're worried about price of the VGT we have connections with a reputable aftermarket rebuild shop that so far hasn't let any of us down. Don't think for a second that we're trying to sell you on something. If any people on here drop the ball on anyone and doesn't do the right thing to fix it then it will be known and recommendations will absolutely stop. We don't play with half-assed or shotty practices. It cost EVERYONE on here far to much. We are the real deal help for you if you're willing.... its up to you.

I've haven't been muted before but I imagine you can still contact Rawze directly through PM if you are willing to take the steps necessary to fix whats wrong. He uses harsh words here but he's actually a super nice guy. Don't give up. You found this place for a reason.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-04-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
He might resurface under a new alias after his 3rd cracked head or wondering why it keeps showing high oil temp faults. We will see.
replyreply
12-05-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
I ran into a kid at the TA in Wheeling, he had a nice looking International 9900 with the 870... Some butcher shop got ahold of his motor, and he was as proud as punch, 700 hp he said... They removed the EGR cooler, installed some obscene exhaust manifold and ditched the turbo for an old school Holset, that thing was a monster, like a beach ball! LOL! He had no pyro, so no clue there, everything plated off, blah, blah, blah... Upon looking this beast over, I noticed oil was being blown out around the entirety of the valve cover, front, back and both sides... He said it was a bad gasket, the second bad gasket he has had... I chuckled and left it at that... Sad.

And his jakes, he stated those were not working as they used too... He did not want to hear it, it was a design flaw from Cummins... Can't make this sheet up.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620 , SuperTrucker
12-05-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
(12-05-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I ran into a kid at the TA in Wheeling, he had a nice looking International 9900 with the 870... Some butcher shop got ahold of his motor, and he was as proud as punch, 700 hp he said... They removed the EGR cooler, installed some obscene exhaust manifold and ditched the turbo for an old school Holset, that thing was a monster, like a beach ball! LOL! He had no pyro, so no clue there, everything plated off, blah, blah, blah... Upon looking this beast over, I noticed oil was being blown out around the entirety of the valve cover, front, back and both sides... He said it was a bad gasket, the second bad gasket he has had... I chuckled and left it at that... Sad.

And his jakes, he stated those were not working as they used too... He did not want to hear it, it was a design flaw from Cummins... Can't make this sheet up.

The ridiculous trash mods that people do to these $40,000 commercial engines is beyond belief .... mention to them that none of it was necessary even if they did want to make 700+ hp .... and they get offended. This diseased side of trucking has always been around to prey upon the wallets of those who want to look cool, ingorant of the fact that they are severely sacrificing the life of their expensive equipment.

This garbage in trucking has gone on for so long and has spread so badly that most of the shops doing this butcher-work have somehow convinced themselves of the same ... and they drag all their customers into that black hole of ignorance right along with them.

I have to laugh it off out of sheer sadness whenever I see one of these fools ... Most of which in short order will also complain that the cylinder-head had to come off their engine 2 or 3 times for on reason or another in the last 5 years.

It is not until they bankrupt themselves a few times do they start to learn. They never seem to factor in the fact that in the history of trucking, currently and now perpetually, these freight rates are lower than they ever have been vs. economy ... the competition for a paycheck is higher than ever driving the rates thru the floor.... and then combine that with $150+/hour labour costs in the repair shop, an average of $10,000 in expenses + tens of thousands in lost revenue every time a head comes off one of these engines any more, even before the cost of other parts, and truck replacement parts that are 20 times the price they were 30 or 40 years ago... .. They never factor that into their ego or business model.... but they gotta look cool and have a loud farting, burping, black-smoke spitting beast of stupidity that they can mash to the hilt up every hill just to prove they have a ding-a-ling.... for some ungodly reason.

-- It has nothing whatsoever to do with actually solving any issues or improving one's bottom dollar, longevity, efficiency, or business model. Somehow they try to convince themselves as such because they read all this trash off the social-medai and get hooked into the crap front and center.. you cannot tell them otherwise after a while... so by the time they find my forum here and i lay it out to them.. they only get offended. - For this reason, they cannot be helped, and since they cannot be helped, they do not belong here. - I am here to help others...not perpetuate their insanity. - I will have no part of that.

Eventually, some of these fools learn the hard way that this is not how our industry works... That or they go back to much older equipment and perpetually complain that you can't make money in trucking any more because older equipment does not get the efficiency and cannot compete with modern equipment ... and that the modern equipment does not support their level of abuse and ignorance.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Coronado126 , Volvo8873

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.