2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
12-03-2020, (Subject: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete ) 
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete
(12-03-2020 )FUDGENWORTHIT Wrote:  I guess I’m not understanding. It was a factory 605/2050. I was always running 220 water/240 oil temp and read doing a marine turbo helped a couple guys out. So I did it and now run 185 water and 220 oil. Fixed that issue. {name removed, bad delete company} is who did the hot tune at the time of turbo swap. If it doesn’t make that much that’s fine. Y’all are pretty harsh for a guy trying to understand what’s so bad. Non vgt turbos have been around for years. I guess I don’t understand. Is my tuning bad because the high boost? Just looking for your experience

The biggest issue with running a non VGT turbo is the engine loses the ability to control turbo boost. The ISX is already running a pretty high compression ratio which means using a non VGT turbo running at 43 pounds will lead to overboost failures pretty quick.

The 2350 is safely good for around 35~ psi of boost max if I recall. More than is where you start seeing the cracked pistons, blown head gaskets and cracked heads.

No one here is mad at you bud it's more like venting, the forum just keeps getting hit with guys that get convinced to waste their hard earned money on dumb upgrades or sh!t tuning by big companies like Bully Dog, PPI, or whoever, that say you can trust them because they're the biggest name in the industry and they know best.

Then a year or less down the road the poor guy is here asking why we think he's broke down middle of nowhere with a dealership telling him he's got 6 cracked pistons, a bad head and it's gonna cost $40k to get rolling, plus they wanna put his aftertreatment back on because they won't work on it if you won't let them.

If you read that thread 'bad deletes' it links to practically the same story over and over again. One not unlike yours, except were at an early enough point we can fix yours before failure, if you want.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 cm2350 how to get engine brake back after vgt delete - Coronado126 - 12-03-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.