IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P
12-10-2020, (Subject: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P ) 
RE: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P
(12-10-2020 )Viperizer Wrote:  Hummmmm strange, everything I searched for appeared that the valve failure was extremely common on motorcoaches, at least in my model year of 2008... lots of factory updates on head, scrapper rings etc....they even introduced a new head....new liners etc etc...Maybe someone familiar with the motorcoach version will chime in... here i thought they were all the same engines..duh..i am an idiot.

it sounds to me like you have been listening to a bunch of bullarky on those motor-coach social medai sites.

If there is anything different about the ISX in a motor-coach vs. a highway truck then it is simply heat issues related to the engine not getting a lot of cooling ion those motor coaches as they are cramped, and the air flow around the engine is not the greatest. - Cummnins DID NOT re-design the head or liners for motor-coaches,.. it IS the same engine.. and the liner changes has nothing to do with a motor coach either ... The liners were re-designed to prevent a well known issue of carbon-packing in the newer engines.

People here are trying to help you and answer you Q. as best they can with the limited info you gave so far ... but if you only want to get sarcastic and/or condescending in return, you will get kicked off here real fast. I do not tolerate that around here,...this is not social mdedai.

It being a 2008, I can only assume it came with a DPF can and not DEF fluid.. This means it is most likely NOT a common rail engine but a CM871.

And if intake valve failures are common on motorcoaches,... Then like I said .... it from abuse or severe neglect!. Most people like to delete those engines on those motor coaches and this is problem #1 big-time! ... most delete programming is beyond horrible and kills engines, and i would suspect in a motor-coach, this could be greatly amplified due to restrictive air flow and/ imperfect cooling systems. -- Aside from that, the ISX does not fair well when sitting for months or years on end and only run on occasions maybe 2 or 3 times a year without the top-end getting quite rusty from lack of use and moisture buildup. Again, this is neglect and considered abuse in my opinion. The issue and cause of more than normally seen issues on a particular application can be found if it is indeed a common problem that is only associated with motor coaches.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P - Rawze - 12-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.