IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P
12-10-2020, (Subject: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P ) 
RE: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P
(12-10-2020 )Viperizer Wrote:  Hi, I had cyl #3 injector tip brake off, simply cracked in half . A piece about the size of a popcorn kernel. bounced around in the chamber - piston doesn't look to bad, couple kiss marks... bore looks fine, valve faces look fine.

If a piston had marks in it like that due to contaminants in the combustion chamber on my own engine, I would be seriously concerned about the composite coating on the piston being damaged. This could eventually lead to combustion gasses eating a hole thru that piston after a while. This could leave chance to a more serious engine failure down the road.

Just food for thought.

- As far as the missing piece of metal pop-corn .... Only way to know it is not going to do even more damage is to ensure it is not somewhere in the egr cooler, exhaust manifold, etc. - would be a shame if it were to lodge itself in the exhaust vanes of the turbo. The proper thing to do would be to pull the entire system apart and clean it all out thoroughly instead of gambling it on a $4,000 turbo replacement in the future.

Would also be a good idea to open the valves and inspect the valve seats on that cylinder using a boroscope. Also to apply 30 psi of air pressure on the intake manifold with all rockers removed/ valves closed and see if there is any leak-down losses thru the closed valve seats. Then do the same for the exhaust side of it. Last thing anyone would want is a burnt/cracked valve later on because combustion gasses were escaping due to a ding/deformation in one of the vavles or its seats.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IInjector tip cracked off ISX 600P - Rawze - 12-10-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.