X15 Air Compressor intake tubing delete fix.
12-12-2020, (Subject: X15 Air Compressor intake tubing delete fix. ) 
X15 Air Compressor intake tubing delete fix.
Reason for this is because I've heard and know someone personally had to overhaul one under warranty due to the o-rings failing on the air compressor tubing causing premature wear to the cylinders from unfiltered air entering the system preturbo or in this case from the compressor housing adapter itself. Changing the housing isn't an option due to it being redesigned and the addition of the speedsensor to the housing with the air compressor intake adapter vband clamped to front of the turbo..
This mod should work with any X15 with a HE400VG Turbo.
What you'll need is...
Part #3695232.
High temperature sealant.
A 1 1/4inch inside diameter cone air filter for the air compressor itself.

The sealant is for the inside surface of the new adapter where it slides over the compressor housing to keep contaminants out I personally used a thin coat of high temperature gasket maker. If I should've used something different let me know. The torque spec for the clamp is 111Inchpounds. Air compressor isn't much noisier due to it being naturally aspirated, but I was told not to convert to charge air due to seal failures.
EDIT: added picture of filter used.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-12-2020, (Subject: X15 Air Compressor intake tubing delete fix. ) 
RE: X15 Air Compressor intake tubing delete fix.
Be sure to go back and retorque that clamp after a few uses/heat cycles. The rubber under them has a tendency to soften and relax. That goes for all constant torque clamps that go over rubber.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.