Rebuild
12-18-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
Rebuild
I have a cm2350 and i was wondering what happened to everybody before needing a rebuild.
I was talking to another driver and he said he his engine started leaking around the air pump then other coolant lines then it started pouring out coolent. My blow by and everything else looks good but i have a leak from the air pump and my apu lines have always leaked. I have recorded a couple minutes of driving on insite and have not seen anything that sets off a red flag beside the coolent leak and i have soot on my stacks so something is going on with emissions as well. I plan on popping off that little pipe behind the dpf to see if i can find the problem.
replyreply
RE: Rebuild
Also how much do inframes cost if you can do it yourself vs shop?
replyreply
More info on the truck needed, milage, gearing, usage... Have you done an EGR Tuneup? Overhead? Inspected the cam?

Air pump? Is that the Air Compressor? Or Air Dryer? Explain.

If you are concerned, a block test kit from Napa is in order.

Do you lug the motor? Under 1500 rpm under load? Where do you run the motor RPM wise? Do you use the cruise control when in the mountains/hills without shifting gears?

Off the top of my head.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
540k 3.55 and dry van

No egr tune-up, i did all 6 injectors and the cam looked great.
Compressor
1450-1700 rpm range

I am trying to get a feel for other's situations before needing a rebuild, and the cost of it.
replyreply
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34
1450 rpm, little on the low side under high torque. Let's get the rpm's 1600 minimum when cruising, and let's get an amsoil bypass on that motor asp.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
12-19-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
Check for parts availability, I’m understanding some are getting a little difficult to acquire with the COVID and all
replyreply
12-19-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
I trying to figure out what happened to people before needing to do a rebuild, how much it cost them, and wether they did it there self or not
replyreply
12-20-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
To help you in the decision of when to pull the trigger on repair/replacement and to have something to chew on and mull around in your head while you contemplate what condition you think you can allow your engine to get in to before you act on it...

The intelligent business owner of used equipment assesses how much profit was made off the equipment throughout their entire ownership of the equipment and sets that number aside. Then gathers figures of the known life expectancy of PERFECTLY TAKEN CARE OF EQUIPMENT and potential remaining profit. Cummins states they try to design their engines for 1 million mile life expectancy if PROPERLY MAINTAINED. Though this number is probably very high with full emissions left on and the very high probability that the engine was abused and neglected a good bit its entire current life. I think (and don't take this number as solid. Do more research) guys are stating on here a CM2350 life expectancy is in the 600,000 to 800,000 mile range due mostly to the emissions, carbon packing, level of maintenance and high compression ratio. Then compares that to the potential long term profit of having properly rebuilt reliable equipment or new replacement equipment and makes a decision based on numbers.

The gambler and often times loser waits to see how bad of shape they can let their business get in to before they are forced to act....

Full disclosure: I was the gambler/loser for 10+ years till I found this site. Now Im the relaxed educated, highly profitable and more intelligent business owner. The 1st 10+ years was incredibly tough. The following 3 years now are getting ridiculously easier the more I act like a true business owner.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne , Rawze , hookliftpete , Volvo8873 , JimT , Smiling lemon , Pd6cas2
12-20-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
(12-20-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  ...The gambler and often times loser waits to see how bad of shape they can let their business get in to before they are forced to act....

^^--- Accurate statement for many.

- Take care of the little things and the big things will often take care of themselves.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Volvo8873

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.