turbo blanket
12-20-2020, (Subject: turbo blanket ) 
turbo blanket
i have a 2006 int.9900i with a cm870 isx.

... asking about turbo blanket...

{rest of post removed.... bad delete and engine killing mods}
replyreply
12-20-2020, (Subject: turbo blanket ) 
RE: turbo blanket
I would put the proper turbo on it along with whatever else was stripped off the motor and have it properly tuned.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , smorgan87 , Volvo8873 , Toolguy
12-21-2020, (Subject: turbo blanket ) 
Oh boy, here we go again. Some shi#t pukedits parts and tune and worries about a damn turbo blanket.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
{part of post removed}

just asking peoples thoughts on turbo blanket.
replyreply
If you are competing in the truck drag races I'd put it on, if your hauling freight, i would not. The purpose is to hold heat in the turbo and that is fine till you are climbing a 10 mile long hill at 7% with 40k behind you.
replyreply
To answer your actual question:
Turbo blankets and exhaust wraps are a waste of time unless you are trying to keep heat off of the cab, airlines, wires etc. They do not provide any measurable performance effects in a commercial vehicle.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
Since i have the time now I'll elaborate. So easy turbo blankets and headed wraps increase performance is two part.
1st: keep heat within the pipe before turbo i.e. more heat more pressure. More pressure on the turbine allows higher compressor speed increasing available boost.
2nd: insulating the turbine from the compressor reducing intake charge temperatures. Lower temperatures higher air density, Bigger bang, more power. And you can increase this effect further by using ice on a liquid intercooler or N2o on a air intercooler

Pros more power
Con higher temperatures in your turbo.

Long upgrades it becomes irrelevant do to the heat soak. Because of the higher temperatures you also cook the bearings and any oil in the turbo is going to be fried. Variable geometry turbo components also do not hold up to high temperature
replyreply
I guess some people like to butcher their engines.

Those types of garbage-can engine killing butcher mods like aftermarket turbo's and engine killing bad-delete programming is not welcome around here. That place out in utah and their affiliates are beyond horrible!. - I have seen plenty of their work and refuse to allow its direct or indirect promotion in any way on my forum. If you want to argue this point on here it will simply get you kicked off!.

I allowed your basic question to be answered otherwise.

Here is some reading for you in the mean time...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1558

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  I guess some people like to butcher their engines.

If you are inferring i use it, nope, i just know the science behind it. You only put it on an engine that gets rebuilt every quarter mile and with a diesel that is how you get a runaway.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.