Adjust throttle response in Insite
12-22-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite
(12-22-2020 )LRT1549 Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Have an x15 and it is not snappy unless I load the clutch too much or too much fuel. Try loading the clutch without giving it fuel.

Not Sure what you mean by loading the clutch, however if your giving that engine fuel as you let out the clutch like you would in a car STOP DOING THAT Your slipping the clutch and dramatically reducing it's life... Go kick whoever taught you to do that to a truck square in the arse and tell them to learn how to drive a damn truck....

Never... and I mean NEVER give a diesel engine fuel while letting out the clutch. The engine will give it's self all the fuel required to stay running, just learn how to let out a clutch properly.. It's a truck not a damn race car, you don't slam the fuel and dump the clutch......EVER!!!!!!!

Probably good advice

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202012/post_1621_1608694718_3d3747108526766324dab139041fd202.jpeg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , LRT1549 , Waterloo
12-22-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
^that came out of a 550 whp dd15 doing heavy haul, but I’ve replaced enough destroyed clutches
replyreply
12-23-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
that photo looks like abuse ... or mis-alignemnt.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-23-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
I know the driver/owner

I’d say abuse or lack of care
replyreply
12-24-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
(12-23-2020 )Aleeex Wrote:  I know the driver/owner

I’d say abuse or lack of care

One of those...
"I know nothing about Trucks, Trucking, Driving Trucks, Repairing Trucks. I have no common sense, I have no intelligence, I have no concept of self control, I have no idea how to make or save money But I'm an Owner Operator"... Kind of guys

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Im curious, what about that snapped input shaft looks like abuse? I know Rawze has said he used to failure analysis for large corporations. I'd like to know what he sees that says that.

That thing looks like it was barely used. I can't see any grooves worn in it from being in the clutch very long. I would've leaned toward flawed steel. But thats why I'm curious what looks like abuse.
replyreply
(12-24-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Im curious, what about that snapped input shaft looks like abuse? I know Rawze has said he used to failure analysis for large corporations. I'd like to know what he sees that says that.

That thing looks like it was barely used. I can't see any grooves worn in it from being in the clutch very long. I would've leaned toward flawed steel. But thats why I'm curious what looks like abuse.

same here ... it does not look like it was worn down.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-25-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
(12-22-2020 )LRT1549 Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Have an x15 and it is not snappy unless I load the clutch too much or too much fuel. Try loading the clutch without giving it fuel.

Not Sure what you mean by loading the clutch, however if your giving that engine fuel as you let out the clutch like you would in a car STOP DOING THAT Your slipping the clutch and dramatically reducing it's life... Go kick whoever taught you to do that to a truck square in the arse and tell them to learn how to drive a damn truck....

Never... and I mean NEVER give a diesel engine fuel while letting out the clutch. The engine will give it's self all the fuel required to stay running, just learn how to let out a clutch properly.. It's a truck not a damn race car, you don't slam the fuel and dump the clutch......EVER!!!!!!!
What I was getting at was there are situations where loading the clutch maybe required like for instance starting up a 5 percent incline at gross in first gear and a little bit of fuel may be needed to prevent yourself from stalling out, but not getting the footwork right would lead to chirping tires and bucking shuttering and/or stalling out. I've driven some older cars if you didn't load the clutch would stall out especially uphill. Not reflecting on how I drive now, but I'm simply speaking from experience learning on my own how to drive...
replyreply
12-27-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
(12-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  What I was getting at was there are situations where loading the clutch maybe required like for instance starting up a 5 percent incline at gross in first gear and a little bit of fuel may be needed to prevent yourself from stalling out, but not getting the footwork right would lead to chirping tires and bucking shuttering and/or stalling out.

Ok so perhaps you didn't understand me so I'll say it again Never.....AND I MEAN NEVER... GIVE A DIESEL ENGINE FUEL WHEN LETTING OUT THE CLUTCH.....EVER

I've been doing this non stop for 33 years, I have 4 million miles experience, I've driven every make, and damn near every model of truck in America. I've driven Electronic and manual engines, I've hauled up to 18' high, 21' wide, 210' long and 250K lbs. I live in and done most my non highway driving in the west in the mountains, I've climbed the sides of mountains on barely worthy dirt/mud roads in the Utah and Colorado oil fields, I've pulled 118k double pneumatic up 10% dirt roads in Nevada Gold mines.
I've started from a dead stop on more than one 6-7% grade well over 100k pounds and NOT ONCE have I ever touched that throttle when letting out the clutch, and not once have I ever killed the damn truck... It's called knowing how to drive, control you damn leg...

I taught at a driving school in Salt Lake City, on the students second to last day we took them to a 7% grade with a stop light at the top, made them stop and start on the hill (Truck was 50k lbs gross) If someone that has never driven a standard transmission can learn to do this in 6 hours of driving then I would hope you could.......

There is NEVER a situation, or a reason to EVER touch that throttle when engaging the clutch on a diesel engine... EVER you let that clutch out slow enough and it will give it all the fuel it needs PERIOD...

(12-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I've driven some older cars if you didn't load the clutch would stall out especially uphill. Not reflecting on how I drive now, but I'm simply speaking from experience learning on my own how to drive...

A car that has a gas engine and a carburetor will always need the gas when starting, a fuel injected gas vehicle though can be started without pressing the throttle as well if you let the clutch out correctly.

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.