Adjust throttle response in Insite
12-27-2020, (Subject: Adjust throttle response in Insite ) 
RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite
(12-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  What I was getting at was there are situations where loading the clutch maybe required like for instance starting up a 5 percent incline at gross in first gear and a little bit of fuel may be needed to prevent yourself from stalling out, but not getting the footwork right would lead to chirping tires and bucking shuttering and/or stalling out.

Ok so perhaps you didn't understand me so I'll say it again Never.....AND I MEAN NEVER... GIVE A DIESEL ENGINE FUEL WHEN LETTING OUT THE CLUTCH.....EVER

I've been doing this non stop for 33 years, I have 4 million miles experience, I've driven every make, and damn near every model of truck in America. I've driven Electronic and manual engines, I've hauled up to 18' high, 21' wide, 210' long and 250K lbs. I live in and done most my non highway driving in the west in the mountains, I've climbed the sides of mountains on barely worthy dirt/mud roads in the Utah and Colorado oil fields, I've pulled 118k double pneumatic up 10% dirt roads in Nevada Gold mines.
I've started from a dead stop on more than one 6-7% grade well over 100k pounds and NOT ONCE have I ever touched that throttle when letting out the clutch, and not once have I ever killed the damn truck... It's called knowing how to drive, control you damn leg...

I taught at a driving school in Salt Lake City, on the students second to last day we took them to a 7% grade with a stop light at the top, made them stop and start on the hill (Truck was 50k lbs gross) If someone that has never driven a standard transmission can learn to do this in 6 hours of driving then I would hope you could.......

There is NEVER a situation, or a reason to EVER touch that throttle when engaging the clutch on a diesel engine... EVER you let that clutch out slow enough and it will give it all the fuel it needs PERIOD...

(12-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I've driven some older cars if you didn't load the clutch would stall out especially uphill. Not reflecting on how I drive now, but I'm simply speaking from experience learning on my own how to drive...

A car that has a gas engine and a carburetor will always need the gas when starting, a fuel injected gas vehicle though can be started without pressing the throttle as well if you let the clutch out correctly.

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjust throttle response in Insite - LRT1549 - 12-27-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.