cummins isx help need....
12-22-2020, (Subject: cummins isx help need.... ) 
cummins isx help need....
hi friends...please help me out with cummins isx cmi870.....first problem was crank shaft damage an the change it....after rebuild engine an start up getting engine hunting an RPM goes up to 900 an down to 700 at idle...a did diagnostic scan get fault code 482 fuel pressure low..a change fuel pump an priming lift pump its new ones....can anybody help me ....
replyreply
12-22-2020, (Subject: cummins isx help need.... ) 
RE: cummins isx help need....
- Were all OEM parts used?

- Was the right part# used for the replacement crankshaft?

- does it have a delete file in the ecm?... if so, by who?

- Has anyone verified the fuel pressure with a gauge?

- It takes a good 10-15 minutes for the fuel system to even start to settle out after it has been all apart. How long has it run for?

- If it is not deleted, has anyone checked the egr valve to ensure it is not sticking?

- is the oil pressures inside expected/normal range?

- What caused the crank shaft damage?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-23-2020, (Subject: cummins isx help need.... ) 
hi friends....some one does mechanic job on engine change crank shaft.....the call me to do diagnostic scan on engine... ............the buy use engine an take out crank shaft an rebuild engine that damage the crank shaft .......how can i tell if engine had delete file inside ecm.....i have to take manual gauge to verified pressure.......i cannot tell how long did primping lift pump run for because the already had engine start up an running but take like two to prim up now.............i didnt check the egr vavle.............i didnt check oil pressure..... the mechanic tell me that part where does turn engine for timing loose off an go damage crank shaft ton wheel..........that reason the had to change it.....[/u]
replyreply
12-23-2020, (Subject: cummins isx help need.... ) 
need to make sure cam did not slip and that the correct wedges were used. here is a reference:

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid29926

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.