Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high..
07-29-2016, (Subject: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high.. ) 
Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high..
./uploads/201607/post_1367_1469829469_1ddc4c8d6f24b2e1f59fb4405af18cbe.jpg

Now I'm no super mechanic or anything...... but I'm pretty sure that can't be good haha!!

Looks like a new tranny cooler is in my future.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
07-30-2016, (Subject: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high.. ) 
RE: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high..
I am surprised it is not leaking. When is the last time you checked the oil levels?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-30-2016, (Subject: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high.. ) 
Good grief. I don't think duct tape and bubblegum could patch that up lol.
replyreply
07-31-2016, (Subject: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high.. ) 
(07-30-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I am surprised it is not leaking. When is the last time you checked the oil levels?

Levels good. It looks like the tension bar on my prostar hood hit it and peeled the fins back.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
07-31-2016, (Subject: Think I may have found why my transmission temps so high.. ) 
Looking at this yes it needs replaced but i don't think it's going to lower the temps that much. If you have high trans temps it is low on fluid or you have internal trans issues.
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Looking at this yes it needs replaced but i don't think it's going to lower the temps that much. If you have high trans temps it is low on fluid or you have internal trans issues.

Internal issues. This things been on its last leg for over a year now. it's a autoshift. Clunks hard when downshifting to 17 and 15, other then that it's fine.

./uploads/201607/post_1367_1469990544_55c752eeea3a6263c9c57fdaf1b35626.jpg

This was taken Oct 2015 when I installed a new pto. 3 spots I could see teeth with V groves in the centre.

replyreply
At least it does not look like this guys gearbox...

./uploads/201608/post_2_1470015451_3c394a7aa5c61cf76f74515cd44ca3c3.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have seen trans that all the gears look like that bad gear in the picture. The driver had the pto bottom snap off due to pto gear exploding from bad bearings. The driver put the broken off piece in the truck and drove it another 75 miles with no oil.So here is the story. He called in and i went out on a road service call to find out why it wouldn't move he didn't tell me on the phone what he did until i got there. I looked under the truck because the first thing i saw was the oil everywhere, and when i did i noticed that the bottom half of the pto was missing. I asked him about it and said ya it's in the truck on the floor in the passenger side. He said ya i just put it in the truck and took off to get back to the shop. well he had to be towed back. I asked him why he thought it was ok to drive when you saw the puddle of oil (4 gallons) at the plant where he picked up the broken bottom half of his pto he just shrugged his shoulders. Needless to say he got fired soon as he got back to the shop. Yes the customer was pissed about the 4 gallons of oil in their lot that he didn't even bother to offer to clean up.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.