Winter blend to keep from Gelling
12-25-2020, (Subject: Winter blend to keep from Gelling ) 
RE: Winter blend to keep from Gelling
(12-24-2020 )Bennett24 Wrote:  Hello, new to forum. Trying to read all I can on here. Learning how to search the forum. I have always mixed a little bit of kerosene in my 06 cat during the winter months to not gel up. I have a 16 prostar with a Cummin now. What is recommended for these newer engines? Kerosene is all I have ever used. I have gelled up with power service and howes in the past.

part of my article where i researched fuel additives...
Rawze Wrote:...
Kerosene is sometimes used to keep diesel from gelling and/or is used to circumvent paying fuel taxes. This is in fact true, but it is very abrasive and causes excess wear, especially to the fuel system components. It actually isn't bad as a 'Roll your own' anti-gel product if it is first mixed with a good ash-less 2-cycle engine oil mixed at 128:1, to make it less abrasive. Some of the anti-gel products on the truck stop shelves are nothing more than this anyways.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...622#pid622

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Winter blend to keep from Gelling - Rawze - 12-25-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.