excessive moisture in egr valve
12-26-2020, (Subject: excessive moisture in egr valve ) 
RE: excessive moisture in egr valve
(12-26-2020 )williamsbuilding Wrote:  They can't seem to figure out why it will not regen passively, they can force it and it seems to perform as it should, gets to temp, etc. This will be third egr valve since rebuild, including one installed during rebuild. I can update on Monday what has or they would like to do next. They are waiting to attempt warranty coverage for at least the part, one year and 4 days. 4 days out of warranty. I have sent oil samples to lab every oil drop with good results each time. Most recent was just prior to going to the shop. I certainly do not have the knowledge as many here do, but have been reading post here for over a year trying to care for and understand this engine. Wish I had Insite software, but can't find cost effective way to own it. I've seen offers of $1200/years for licensing plus hardware. Sure appreciate all that others do here to help.

The problem is that your taking it to the least qualified place you can to solve regen and DPF issues.... THE OEM NETWORK OF COLLECTIVE IDIOTS!!!!

- First and foremost, START by replacing the IMAP, Exhaust Backp-ressure sensor and checking to see if the bp sensor feed-circuit thru the thermostat housing is clogged up (a common problem), EGR Delta-P sensor and cleaning out the Delta-P crossover tubes, etc. ... I.E..> An EGR-Tuneup instead of throwing expensive parts at it over and over and doing nothing but wasting money and time.

- NEXT, When is the last time the DOC, DPf etc. were removed, baked, de-ashed, then flow-tested? . -- Pull the DOC and DPF off and post photos of their faces on the forum here ... see how clogged they actually are and what type of buildup is on their faces. THOSE CANS DO NOT MAKE SOOT/BUILDUP ... THE ENGINE DOES!... >Pull off the Delta-P tubes from the DPF and clean em out, inspect them for leaks in the bushings, etc... and replace the DPF Delta-P sensor. While your at it, verify the temp sensors via a temp gun during regen cycle.

- WHEN is the last time someone pressurized the entire engine to 30 psi ... not just the CAC ... but the whole engine and checked it for air/boost leaks?.

- Has anyone ever removed the EGR cooler and cleaned it out?... After abut 500+k miles, it starts getting soot-packed and restrictive. If it gets bad enough, carbon chunks will form and as they come loose, they cause some expensive turbo failures.

- Has anyone verified there are no exhaust leaks? -- how about when the last time the Doser injector was cleaned or replaced?.. and inspected for seepage?

- NEXT: What does the regen history look like in the ECM? ... Post photos/screen-shots of the regen history in Insite.

Do you even have Insite? -- If not, then WHY? ... That is a red cry-baby you own... Invest in a china/e-bay inline-6 adapter for a few hundred bucks and get your own copy of insite going so you can work on the damned thing.

-- People should realize that --- IF SOMEONE DOES NOT GRAB A WRENCH AND TAKE THESE MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS, THEY ARE JUST WASTING THEIR TIME AND MONEY TRYING TO GET "FREE/WARRANTY" AND ALL SORTS OF HALF-ARSSED REPAIRS ALL AT THE EXPENSE OF TENS OF THOUSANDS IN LOST REVENUE WHILE THE OEM SHOPS GAGGLE THE F$UCK AROUND REPLACING EXPENSIVE PARTS AND BLIND GUESSING AS IT RUINS YOUR BUSINESS!... THAT IS NO WAY TO RUN A TRUCKING COMPANY!

You think if I owned it, I would not be yanking all that stuff off that engine, Pulling those cans and inspecting their faces to see what is clogging them up, performing those tests and measures that I mentioned above and finding those issues fairly easily and quickly? --- THOSE OEM SHOPS ARE SEVERELY UNDER-EDUCATED IN SOME EXPENSIVE WAYS ... A NETWORK OF MORONS, THAT IS WHAT MOST OF THEM ARE. THEY ARE SET UP AND TRAINED TO DO NOTHING BUT BUT REPLACE EXPENSIVE PARTS OVER AND OVER WITH NO REAL SOLUTIONS, NO REAL PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, AND NO REAL TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES THAT ARE WORTH A DAMN!!.

- It is not rocket science. here is some related info ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: excessive moisture in egr valve - Rawze - 12-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.