excessive moisture in egr valve
12-26-2020, (Subject: excessive moisture in egr valve ) 
RE: excessive moisture in egr valve
This may sound silly, but my first thought when reading all of this was to check the wiring to the EGR valve, as I cannot imagine them failing like this, I got off track with the Inline reader from eBay...

Or, when I had the mandate on my 871, the passive regens were far and few between, but they did happen as I did not really put that many miles on her. Maybe there is actually nothing wrong if you can pull off a successful forced regen? I could see a dealer putting thoughts in your head, as I have seen them do this to other folks while waiting for parts and listening to the service writer. Really pissed me off on more than a few occasions.

I would get the Inline reader and take this bull by the horns. I'm thinking that there is nothing wrong here...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I did have a new engine wire harness installed during inflame, but seems as though it must be electrical or an ecm failure of sorts. Ecm is 5 yrs old. My mechanic is a Volvo mac dealer, known him for 6yrs, lives in my town and I feel he shoots me as straight as possible. That being said, I'm sure he and or his mechanics don't know everything. Thanks for info to purchase hardware for computer, where do you suggest I get software? I am ready to get it to at least know whats going on when I hire a wrench.
Thanks again for your time.
replyreply
(12-26-2020 )williamsbuilding Wrote:  I did have a new engine wire harness installed during inflame, but seems as though it must be electrical or an ecm failure of sorts. Ecm is 5 yrs old. My mechanic is a Volvo mac dealer, known him for 6yrs, lives in my town and I feel he shoots me as straight as possible. That being said, I'm sure he and or his mechanics don't know everything. Thanks for info to purchase hardware for computer, where do you suggest I get software? I am ready to get it to at least know whats going on when I hire a wrench.

The Insite software comes with the kit, I sent you the install instructions, it can be a real bugger, I had one of the guys here load it on my MacBook... I am not that PC literate, Mac guy, I like tools that simply work. ;-)

The multiple harnesses make sense, could be something as simple as a communication error. But, I am still leaning towards a non issue as the forced regens work... Mine did a passive regen every few weeks if that...

Do you idle the motor, like running pumps or what not? Or in a truck stop for ten hours a day?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
12-27-2020, (Subject: excessive moisture in egr valve ) 
I almost never idle, live in western Indiana, if 25 degrees or lower outside i idle 15-20 min. Just to warm oil etc before driving. Rarely idle even if its hot out.

Does software have license? Seems cheap. Just curious. Going to order it today. Thats a cheap gamble at worse. I'm not a computer expert, but will try my arse off.
replyreply
(12-27-2020 )williamsbuilding Wrote:  I almost never idle, live in western Indiana, if 25 degrees or lower outside i idle 15-20 min. Just to warm oil etc before driving. Rarely idle even if its hot out.

Does software have license? Seems cheap. Just curious. Going to order it today. Thats a cheap gamble at worse. I'm not a computer expert, but will try my arse off.

the Sultan keymaker for Insite7.6 has beenon the web for the better part of 10+ years now. jus gotta look in the right places for it.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(12-26-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(12-26-2020 )williamsbuilding Wrote:  I did have a new engine wire harness installed during inflame, but seems as though it must be electrical or an ecm failure of sorts. Ecm is 5 yrs old. My mechanic is a Volvo mac dealer, known him for 6yrs, lives in my town and I feel he shoots me as straight as possible. That being said, I'm sure he and or his mechanics don't know everything. Thanks for info to purchase hardware for computer, where do you suggest I get software? I am ready to get it to at least know whats going on when I hire a wrench.

The Insite software comes with the kit, I sent you the install instructions, it can be a real bugger, I had one of the guys here load it on my MacBook... I am not that PC literate, Mac guy, I like tools that simply work. ;-)

The multiple harnesses make sense, could be something as simple as a communication error. But, I am still leaning towards a non issue as the forced regens work... Mine did a passive regen every few weeks if that...

Do you idle the motor, like running pumps or what not? Or in a truck stop for ten hours a day?

Ordered off ebay as suggested, also got a deal on toughbook laptop with windows. Hope to have it all in a week or so. Just wanted to thank you again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.